CHAPTER 6

I quickly packed my books and made to leave the class, I glanced at my wrist watch "3:30,oh no! " I whispered.
I walked to the door but Freya blocked the exit.

She smiled at me "Wanna invite you to a party this weekend at my place" she said.

I made to move but she moved in that direction.
I raised a brow at her "Are you being serious right now?".

She crossed her arms and gave me a funny look "You know that's the longest sentence you've made ever since you came here".

I ignored her comment "I don't do parties,now let me through"i said slightly annoyed and she sighed"Even if i pay you a hundred dollars?".

I was taken aback " Why would you pay me a hundred dollars just to accompany you ?".

She placed a hand on her lips like she was thinking "I know right, why will i give you a hundred?".

She smiled at me "Probably because am wealthy enough, you coming right?".

I slowly shook my head "No"I brushed her aside and ran off.

I got there past four, i ran in panting,there were a lot of customers waiting to be served.

I walked into the kitchen,Max was focused on mixing floor in a bowl and didn't notice me enter.

I brought down the trays " Hi Max"I greeted, he gets pissed whenever i call him boss.
"Hi Nessa" he said without looking towards my direction.

It felt weird, he has never done that,i rested my back on the table and stared at him for a moment

"Umm....there seems to be a lot of customers outside than usual".

He turned to me then without letting go of the bowl. "You know those sandwich i always make for you every time you come in?".
I nodded"It always taste good didn't you make any for me today?".

He smiled then "That's the thing, i made one earlier today for the fun of it, a girl walked in then when i stood by the counter with the sandwich i made, she requested for a tray of coffee with her friends and wanted the sandwich, today her it wasn't on sale but she insisted and paid heavily for it,shared it amongst her friends and came back for another, ever since then I have been here making sandwich and so i added it to the menu".

I smiled " Have always told you your sandwiches are the best but you wouldn't listen, look at it now "I concluded with the wave of my hands.

" I know right ".He smiled at me and i looked away.

" Why don't you go  check the oven,am pretty sure is good to go "He said taking off his gloves." Right!"

I took the apron on the table.

I held my tray up and walked to table four,Gina who was cleaning the tables smiled at me "Guess you are officially a waitress now".

I smiled at her remark and quickly went to drop the tray, i went to the counter and dropped the tray there,rang the bell and Sam's head popped out from the kitchen
"I need a tray of French fries and chips please".

He nodded and went back in.

Gina also came to drop her tray "What do you think Max might think of next, maybe we might just begin making meals soon" She grinned "Or employ Chinese dancers "I chipped in and we burst into laughter.

I love my job, i have friends and i am free to laugh and be who i am, am always happy whenever it's weekdays, other than school and home,everything else is perfect.

Sam gave me another tray and took the empty ones "You looking ravishing today Nessa, maybe later we can go for dinner"

I took my tray and walked away. "Aren't you sick of using the same lines, try something new " I heard Gina say and i smiled.