Chapter 5: the fortune teller

"Ah I've been waiting for you two!" E Gadd smiled, you couldn't really share the same smile especially when the monster that haunted you was in this very mansion. "Your brother must have been taken by that gang of boos, poor feller..."

"W-will they eat him?" Luigi just stuttered out of no were, you couldn't help but giggle at his question.

"Oh now don't talk crazy, there not gonna eat the man!" E Gadd said trying to hold in his laughter, "but what became of him hmm? Odd that he hasn't come back."

There was a moment of silence until it hit you, "well, it's a common thing but, boos grow in strength they travel in numbers, there power likely overwhelmed your brother..." you stated.

E Gadd gave you a quick nod, "exactly, that means if you two want to save Mario then there's only one way to do it: capture each boo and weaken the groups power!" The elderly man then turned around and started looking through some draws behind him, "as there name implies they like to hide and scare people, luckily the GB's have a secret function, I call it the boo radar!" E Gadd yelled proudly as he pulled out two weird looking bulbs.

"And these will do what?" You questioned as he placed the bulbs on both of your game boys.

"The boo radar will flash red if something, like a boo, is nearby, use it to search everywhere you two!"

"Then let's get going!" Luigi said immediately, and desperately, grabbing your wrist in the process.

"Don't go tuckering yourself out now, My boy." E Gadd spoke in a calm manner, "just relax and capture each boo."

You arrived back at the mansion and you looked at the GB, seeing there wasn't any doors open. "I guess we look for boo's now?"

"Yes!" Luigi shouted, he immediately ran up the stairs and into the parlour, you let a small sigh escape your lips. You then walked up the wooden stairs and opened the door to the foyer, only to hear an annoying beeping noise come from the GB, it was now flashing yellow and a laugh could be heard. "Don't just stand there get searching!"

You vigorously nodded and followed the light, it then became red when you stepped in front of the sofa, you immediately went to search it and a white ball then appeared in the room, "I'm bamboo if you please!"

The boo then laughed as it floated around, Luigi then quickly used his vacuum to suck up the boo, it still laughed even when it's life was being drained away. And because of the light it made it easier. That was one boo down and as the GB put it...

"We have 49 boo's left to find?! You screeched, Luigi then let out a growl in annoyance, "I want to know we're these things came from in the first place!"

~•TimeSkip•~
(Btw in every room you do collect the boo's I just don't have the patience to go through them all)

You caught your 6th boo since Luigi wouldn't let you nor him rest until to boos' from the first area were all gone, after catching the one in the nursery E Gadd called.

"You've already caught six boos' wow your on fire you two!" E Gadd exclaimed, "but remember to just relax I know you desperately want to find your brother Luigi but we've got plenty of time. Maybe you should go to the washroom and splash some water on your face." With that E Gadd left the two of you, Luigi's eyes flashed in anger.