Chapter 16: the king among boo's

"Here we are..."

That's all Luigi muttered as we were now face to face with the alter door, that had a spade on it. I was shaking, I was going to see King Boo again, after what he said to me before, I was nervous. Luigi then looked towards me and squeezed my hand, "it's going to be ok, there's two of us and only one of him."

I gave him a quick nod as Luigi carefully put the key into the lock, twisting it and put his hand on the doorknob, reluctantly he opened the door. Revealing the golden alter once more, and Mario was in his painting spitting out harsh words and pleading for help.

"Well, well, well...if it isn't Luigi and Y/N, I'm glad you two could make it," King Boo chuckled he turned around, his glowing purple eyes burned into me. "You know, I think this Mario painting is lonely, I must Have a Luigi painting as well! Then I can have Y/N all to myself again, BLEH HAH HAH!"

I glared at him and snarled, "that won't happen king boo, besides I would never love a selfish king like yourself!"

He just smiled at me and laughed, "I know the problem, Luigi is in the way, he always was from the very start! I've seen the two of you getting so close and I'm not having it!"

"Y/N has already told you that she would never love you!" Luigi snapped back, "we will defeat you king boo, and you won't be able to hurt anyone again."

"Hah! I'm the king among boos, I swear it! Don't think I'll flee...I'll fight you like a true boo!" King boo stated, "now how about you two join Mario..."

The whole room then began to shake and suddenly flip, the once golden room then became dark as the small torches became blue. Mario's cries for help were echoing through the room until he wasn't in the painting anymore...it was Bowser!

"Inside the painting!!"

King Boo cackled like the maniac he is and went into the bowser painting, the turtle creature opened its fiery eyes and its mouth. It was pulling us in! I gripped onto one of the pillars of the alter, with Luigi tightly gripping the one opposite to me.

"We-we have to go in Luigi!" I yelled as the loud noise of air rushed through the room. "We need to save Mario!"

I held out a hand for Luigi to take, fear shook him, however he took my hand and we both reluctantly let go of our pillars, on one second we were pulled in and everything went black as our screams shook the walls.

(Play the theme above if you want)

I shot my eyes open, looking around to see that me and Luigi were back on the roof, except the sky was a wall of orange flames, and the flowers in their pots were a dark violet.

"King boo, show yourself!" I yelled, Luigi then noticed something and quickly pushed me out of the way without warning.

"AAAAHHH!"

Me and Luigi let out a blood curdling scream as bowser dropped from the sky and the whole area shook, the lizard dragon let out a deafening roar, and twisted his head a little. Wait...

Was this thing even real?

Bowser then breathed fire onto the ground, as if he was an animal marking his territory and made spike balls appear from his hand and threw three directly at us. Luigi dodged out of the way, but I stud there with the poltergust in hand, "oh please let this work...!"