Chapter 8: the shadow of the graveyard

Lightning struck again and the torches next to the grave began to burn brighter, even turning a icy blue. You then raised yourself from the ground, helping Luigi up, "W-what's happening?" Luigi muttered, fear laced in his voice. You swallowed the lump in your throat and stepped closer you could hear a voice drowning out your thoughts...

"Come closer...." you took another step, "closer my lover," you then heard a familiar laugh as Luigi was demanding for you to back away, however he too got closer to try and drag you away, "thank you..." a laughter then erupted into the sky as a weird purple ghost, who looked like he was melting into the ground, appeared from the lightning. He yellow eyes watched us as me and Luigi then screamed.

Our vision then became blurry as the ghost reached out towards us with his melted hands. your eyes shot open to see yourself on flat ground with iron fencing surrounded, dead twisted trees hung onto the island along with gravestones. "Luigi?" You turned towards the plumber, he was still knocked out, "Luigi!"

He then screamed as he quickly looked around, sweat dripped from his forehead, "are we doing this again?"

"I guess so," you mumbled a the sky started to swirl into the purple, blues and blacks. Making you feel nauseous. That's when Bogmire appeared from the lightning strike, his shadow reaching towards You, Luigi then tightly gripped your hand and he pulled you back as a shadowy version of the ghost emerged from the shadow, looking at us with its bright yellow eyes.

And so the fight begins...

The shadow opened its arms, ready to grab Luigi, he dodged and the shadow slowly turned itself towards you. Lightning struck again as bogmire stud in the back making another, yet smaller, shadow. You then dioceses to use your instinct and try and suck the large shadow up, as you did you noticed that it was now stuck at a ball on the vacuum nozzle, "Luigi!" He then turned to you his eyes darting back to the small shadow every few seconds, "suck the shadow up!"

He did as you said and his took quicker to become a small ball, "what do we do with these?" He yelled as Lightning flashed again and bogmire creates another shadow.

Then an idea popped into your head, "maybe we should try and shoot that ghost with his own shadow?" Luigi then nodded as The ghost of the graveyard appeared again, he shot his ball at the ghost, missing him. However you were quick enough to shoot your much larger shadow ball and caught bogmire in it.

As the ghost screeched in frustration, Luigi began sucking the ghost up, however Bogmire was quick enough to escape and lightning struck multiple times, causing around five small shadows, and a big one, to appear in the arena.

Luigi wasted no time, rushing towards the large shadow, as you took care of the small ones, sucking them up and using the fencing to kill them. Luigi grabbed the large shadow and looked for bogmire, he was coming towards you. The Italian plumber then shot the shadow at the ghost, stopping him in his tracks. "Get him Y/N!" Luigi yelled.

You then started to try and catch the ghost, however he broke free again, sending you to the ground, blood trickled down your head, you growled in annoyance and you stud up and saw the many shadows that had been summoned. Luigi was trapped in a corner as the shadow bogmire's surrounded him, they stuck him to the floor and fear overwhelmed him as he tried to break free.

"You don't need him..."

You heard a voice, it was bogmire, no other shadows had spawned and you were in the middle of the battlefield, Luigi trying to break himself out.

"You need the king..."

You quickly shook your head as lightning struck and two shadows appeared, immediately latching onto you, covering your whole body and you started to stream in pain.

"Have it your way..."

You heard Luigi shout and swear and you heard anger in his voice, you felt tears in your eyes as the shadows suffocated you and everything stopped.

Your eyes slowly opened, seeing the graveyard lit up and a large golden chest sat in the middle, "w-what happened? Luigi?"

"Y/N!" He yelled happily embracing you into a hug, "you passed out so I finished the fight, I caught Bogmire!" He sounded so happy and full of determination, yet he then looked at you worried, "are you ok?"

"Me? Yeah I'm fine," you smiled softly yet weakly, "come on knight in shining armour, let's go back to the lab." You then kissed his cheek, Luigi immediately blushed as you playfully giggled. You opened the chest that contained a clover shaped key.

"Back to the lab again!"

E Gadd happily smiled as he looked at the gallery, "thank you two! I'm very happy that your helping me get my ghost collection back."

"Your welcome E Gadd," you smiled happily, Luigi then let out a small yawn. E Gadd then stared at him sympathetically.

"Do you want to take a rest, I have a few blankets and pillows in the back." Luigi then gave a small nod and smiled.

"Yes please, we need our strength for the next area of the mansion." With that you then grabbed a red blanket and a green one with two pillows, and you and Luigi then snuggled on a mattress, drifting off to sleep...