~Strange Greetings~ AU! Denki Kaminari x Reader

A/n: Hey, it's been a while. I've watched MHA in the time that I was away, so here's a little soulmate AU about my favorite spark plug. In this AU, your soulmate's first words to you are written on your wrist. Also, (B/f/n) means Best Friend's name.

Of course, his soulmate just had to be a nutjob.
His parents always showed the slightest bit of concern when talking about his soulmate. After all, who would want to be with someone who asked something like that??
He had pondered over it too. Some soulmate tattoos were a short sentence, maybe only a couple words long. At first glance, his was no different than any other. Just a simple, two-lined tattoo. Actually reading it, however, was a different story. The words inscribed sent a chill down his spine whenever he looked at them.

If I, a complete stranger, asked you if I could throw a knife at you, what would you say?

Everyone who read his tattoo told him how lucky he was for avoiding his soulmate until now. You're better off never finding them at all, they would say.
Kaminari felt different. Curiosity kills the cat, but satisfaction brings it back, and he was a firm believer in that. He hoped that his soulmate wasn't as crazy as everyone made them out to be. And if they were, maybe he could help fix that.

——————

Y'know, that's not really how I pictured that being said.

After reading these words over and over again, she finally realized what she had to do. The time of the tattoo was clearly confused, enough so that they had rehearsed the conversation in their mind ahead of time. She decided the only way to know a person was really her soulmate, was to ask the weirdest question possible.
She at first tried to ask everyone the same question, so she would never forget what it was. However, this quickly proved to be a problem. So instead, she decided to ask everyone a personalized question.

Today was her first day at UA High, a special hero school in Musutafu. She took a deep breath, straightened her posture, and walked inside. 
"If you were arrested with no explanation, how would your family react?"
The young purple-haired girl she was talking to looked at (Y/n) as if she was the one getting arrested. "Uh, what?"
"What would they do?" (Y/n) pushed. "It's a simple question."
"It's a horrible question! Why would you ask that?"
(Y/n) internally sighed. This girl definitely was not her soulmate. "Never mind. I was just looking for a conversation topic."

The other girl gave her a weird look and walked away. That had been the response of many people when (Y/n) asked them that question. She didn't blame them; after all, it was completely normal. That's why she asked the question, though, for the response written on her left wrist was most certainly not normal.

She plopped down in her seat, next to a blond boy with a lightning bolt through his hair. He doesn't look like the type to answer such a weird question. I'd better leave him alone.

Unfortunately for her, though, Kaminari noticed her staring. He quirked an eyebrow at her, hoping to elicit some response.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. Damn it all. She looked at him for a moment, then asked the first thing that came to mind. "If I, a complete stranger, asked you if I could throw a knife at you, what would you say?"

(Y/n) watched as the boys eyes grew to the size of dinner plates. He looked at her, then at his wrist, back and forth until she got dizzy from watching him.

Finally, he chuckled. "Y'know, that's not really how I pictured that being said."

------------

"If I, a complete stranger, asked you if I could throw a knife at you, what would you say?"

No way.

Kaminari could barely believe his ears. His eyes darted back and forth between the tattoo on his wrist, and the pretty (H/c)-haired girl sitting in front of him. Is it really her? I thought she'd be some crazy psycho killer I met in an alley, but this is a pleasant surprise. "Y'know, that's not really how I pictured that being said."

He saw her look at her own wrist, and a smile broke out on his face. "It really is you, then."

He grabbed her hand and kissed it lightly. "The name's Denki Kaminari. It's truly a pleasure to meet you."