Till the End of the Line| Bucky X F! Reader

This first takes place in Captain America The First Avenger. Also to make up for the wait it's super long but that's also because I had to shove an entire movie into one chapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Steve and Bucky's best friend since you guys were little lets just say you had to take care of their injury's mainly Steve's. But you didn't mind. It meant that you got to see them at their weakest and strongest.

But when Bucky was accepted into the army it was you who was at your weakest. So when Bucky suggested to Steve that they go dancing for his last day before being shipped off you couldn't be happier that they were spending his last day together.

Seeing Bucky -your childhood crush and your still crush- being with a different girl always made your heart break a little more.

You were helping Steve get ready for his night gushing out all your feelings to him.

"But Steve I can't tell him! That'd be stupid and any way he doesn't like me like that so I'd just be embarrassing myself!"

"He likes you to Y/n!"

"Really if he liked me he wouldn't be going dancing with Becky (If that's your name you can change it)!"

"Whatever. Have you gotten a response for your request?"

"Yeah, they said no! Again!"

"The army doesn't know what it's missing."

"You're to kind Steve," you say helping him tie his tie.

"I'm going to miss him."

"I know. Me to Steve. Me to."

"Well have a nice night!" you say shooing him out the door.

"You could come with!"

"Nah that wouldn't be fair to you and Buck you made plans to go together so you have fun together."

"Well I'll see you later then?"

"Of course!"

___T I M E S K I P___

"Just wait here," a person says leaving. You and Steve look around the room before rushing to put your shoes on. A soldier steps in as well as a man in a suit.

"Thank you," he dismisses the soldier. "So we want to go overseas kill some Nazis."

"Excuse me....?" Steve asks.

"Dr. Abraham Erskine I represent the strategic scientific reserve."

"Steve Rogers."

"Y/n L/n."

"Where are you from?" Steve asks.

"Queens 73rd Street and Utopia Parkway before that Germany. This is troublesome. Where are you from Mr. Rogers? Miss. L/n? Hmm. Is it New Haven or Paul Ramos? Five exams in five different city's both of you."

"Might not be the right file," you both say at the same time.

"Not a subset exam I'm interested in it's the five tries. But you didn't answer my question. Do you want to kill Nazis?"

"Is this a test?" Steve asks.

"Yes," the doctor says.

"I don't want to kill anyone," you both say.

"I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from," Steve adds.

"Now they're already so many big men fighting this maybe but we need now a little guy and a women huh. I can offer you a chance," the doctor steps out of the room both of you following. "But only a chance."