61

"King Amancio will see you now

"King Amancio will see you now."

King...?

The throne room was fairly filled with people I didn't recognise. Some of them were dressed expensively while others were dressed in the average commoner's clothes. What I didn't understand was why they were standing there, staring at me expectantly.

Until I saw him.

My heart fell down to my feet and my stomach twisted with anger and fear. The man seated on the throne could be described as Amancio- but he wasn't the Amancio I knew and developed feelings for. Atop his dark brown mass of hair was a glinting golden crown, the same crown that lay on King Albert's head while he was slain viciously. Amancio's previously warm grey eyes that crinkled when he smiled were cold and dark, filled with what I could only describe as evil. They watched me intently, seeming to bore into my soul as Brutus pulled me closer.

Amancio's lips pulled up in his infamous smirk, but its maliciousness made it look more like a snarl. His perfectly manicured fingers drummed rhythmically against the arms of the throne he sat on.

The throne that was not his.

"Well, Madeline, it's a pleasure to see you after your extended...break," Amancio's eyes glinted.

There were a few murmurs as the people who I assumed were members of The Dark Lords scrutinised me. At that point, I was confused, angry and slightly afraid. What did Amancio want with me? What could he possibly need me for? He'd already gotten what he wanted- half of the nobles were dead, King Albert was dead, Carlos and I were prisoners and he was the King of Aridia.

I tried to wriggle free from Brutus' grip but he held on tightly, making sure I wouldn't escape.

The dress. The people. It all had to mean something.

"Haven't you done enough Amancio?" I seethed.

His smile widened but his eyes stayed dark. "Not quite, Madeline."

He rose, fixing each and every person in the room with his assertive gaze.

"Members of The Dark Lords, this is the moment we've all been waiting for. Today, I introduce to you Lady Madeline Prowess, formerly known as the Viscountess of Colgate. But, in a few days' time she will become my wife and rule beside me as the Queen of Aridia," Amancio grinned.

"There's no way in hell I'm marrying you," I exclaimed, attempting to pull my hand from Brutus' grip to no avail. "You're crazy, Amancio. All this you're doing? You're proving just how crazy you are. But you're not crazy enough to think I'd marry you after all you've done!"

More murmurs erupt from The Dark Lords.

"Kill her!" A man exclaims and several people agree.

"Lock her up again!"