XX.

Instead of going to the Ministry, Billingsgate sent an owl early in the morning with a message to apparate to Hogsmeade. There we would also meet Harry, Fudgel, Draco, and Hogwarts's gamekeeper, Hagrid, who would walk with us to Hogwarts. This should be interesting.

I dress a little warmer today to prepare for the seemingly endless snow in Hogsmeade and disapparate from my home. Instantly, I'm standing in the middle of the snowy, cobblestone streets of Hogsmeade. I immediately see the others standing off to the side, it's impossible to miss a half-giant.

As I walk over, I'm met with the dilemma of who to greet first. Draco and Harry both stare at me with expectant looks, I'm guessing because they want me to chose between them. I smile at them both but walk past to give Hagrid a hug.

"It's been a long time, Y/N. How have yeh been?" he asks. I know he's in an extremely good mood to be seeing Harry again and his happiness radiates off him.

"Well, despite everything that's happened, I'm going okay. I'm safe," I reply and he smiles. I look around and notice the awkwardness between everyone. The undeniable tension between Harry and Draco, but also been Billingsgate and Draco, and also between me and Draco because of the night before. There's even some tension between Draco and Hagrid as they stand awkwardlt near each other. The only one who seems to be oblivious is Fudgel. I guess I have to try to keep everything casual myself.

"Good morning Fudgel, Billingsgate," I say to try to start a conversation but Billingsgate doesn't reply.

"Good morning, Y/N. How about that now everyone is here, we start heading to Hogwarts. I'm freezing out here," Fudgel says, obviously uncomfortable in the cold. I laugh.

"Yes, of course. Hagrid, lead the way," I say and Hagrid walks ahead of the group with Harry beside them. I hear them talking but I can't quite make out what they're saying except that Draco's name comes up once or twice. As I try to listen, Fudgel and Billingsgate walk beside me, with me between them.

"Your idea is proving to be brilliant Y/N," Fudgel says, "Billingsgate is lucky to have you in his Department. I say, if or when he decided to retire, you'd be great for the next Head of Committee. If I was him, I'd feel safe with leaving the committee in your hands." I don't even dare to look at Billingsgate when Fudgel says this, knowing what his reaction must be, but I feel grateful nonetheless for his kind words.

"Thank you, I really appreciate hearing that from you. But I don't think Billingsgate plans on retiring for a long time now anyway," I say, trying to keep the mood light.

"Yes, not for a good long while," is all Billingsgate replies. Fudgel seems confused by the response but remains oblivious. I notice Draco walking alone behind us.

"Excuse me," I say and leave Billingsgate and Fudgel to walk next to each other while I join Draco.

"Hi," I say.

"Hello."

"I think we should talk about last night..." I say and Draco sighs.

"I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea. I didn't think things would escalate so quickly," he says and I look down.

"No, I'm sorry. I took it too far," I try to keep my voice down so the others don't hear but also to try to hide my embarrassment. Draco looks at me, confused, then something clicks in his mind.

"Oh. Um, what I meant is that I think it's too soon. I know you sometimes feel hesitant about me and my past, I just think you should know more first. I... do want to you know. It was nice, I just want to do it the right way," he says, looking straight ahead, taking his turn to hide his own embarrassment. Oh. The right way?

"What should I know?" I ask, suddenly curious of what he has in mind.

"Well, we can talk about that later. Somewhere more private," he says lowering his voice and I notice Billingsgate and Fudgel have slowed their pace and are silent. I try to suppress a nervous giggle. Were they listening?

"Right," I say. We walk in silence for the rest of the way until we reach the school grounds.

"Well, here we are," Hagrid says, "Professor McGonagall should be up the Headmaster's Tower. Or... Headmistress's. Ah, well you know what I mean. I know Harry knows his way there, don't yeh, Harry?"

"Yes, of course Hagrid. I'll come stop by before I leave," Harry promises him and we walk into Hogwarts. It hasn't too long since I completed my seventh year here, but walking in after that time brings a wave of nostalgia. Hogwarts was my first introduction to magic and became my home. Despite the stone, there was nothing cold about this place. It felt like Hogwarts welcomed you with open arms. I know the warm feeling I have is shared with the rest of us, even Draco is looking around and smiling fondly at everything.

We walk up the vast staircases to get to the Headmaster's Tower and to McGonagall's office.

"Harry!" "Harry is here, he's back!" "It's Harry!" we hear from the countless portraits on the wall. Harry smiles at them all and it brings me joy to see them all excited to see him. I turn to look at Draco and he has a sad smile on his face. He tries to keep his eyes away from the portraits but when he does glance over, they just stare. There's no greetings like they do with Harry. His legacy here isn't as great. I wrap my arm around his, only for a moment, to remind him I'm here. He looks down at me and gives me a small smile.

The way to the office is so familiar. It feels like such a short walk and once we reach the door, Harry goes to open it. Right before his hand touches the handle, it swings open.

"Come in."