XLI.

[Note: I reread my chapters sometimes and oh my god y'all I am so sorry about the typos. I usually write really late at night, like after 12 am, so my brain must get kinda stupid. I just looked at the last chapter and I had so many typos so I'm sorry if it makes it hard to read for any of you.] 

The next day seemed almost typical. Collins and Matthews sat with Hermione and me at the dinner table while Harry and Ron were away at the Ministry. I couldn't help thinking about Draco as everyone calmly sipped on coffee. My heart fluttered at how worried he had been for me, how openly he had shown me he cared, and how he told me that he loves me. I must've been blushing because when I finally looked up from my coffee they were all staring at me.

"Whatever you're thinking about, you seem to be in a good mood," Hermione giggles. I take another sip of coffee to hide my embarrassment. 

"I was just daydreaming," I admit, keeping it vague to avoid any teasing. Hermione, Collins, and Matthews laugh anyway but drop the subject.

"Harry and Ron should be back soon so we can talk about the specifics of our gameplan on how to confront Billingsgate," Collins says after glancing at his wristwatch. 

"Are you guys going to be okay with being late back to the Ministry?" I ask him.

"The Ministry has been calm recently, I think we'll be okay," he replies. On schedule, Harry and Ron apparate into the room but they look annoyed. 

"Malfoy invited himself," Ron says, rolling his eyes. A split second later, Draco is standing beside them. 

"Draco?" I say, getting up from my chair to get to him. 

"I heard them overtalking at the Ministry," he explained quickly, ignoring everyone else in the room. 

"Won't Fudgel wonder where you are?" I ask, worried that all of us being gone would cause suspicion. 

"I told him I was taking a lunch break," he replied with a smile. I can't help but smile back at him.

"Alright then, you can stay. But you can't freak out on me if we come up with something you don't like," I tell him but his smile slowly turns into a smirk.

"I wasn't asking for permission, love," he says and I can feel my cheeks heating up, "But I promise I'll be good and listen." He cooly walks over to the table and sits in the chair next to the one I was sitting in earlier. It takes a moment for me to recollect myself after his unusual attitude, but I walk back and take my chair beside him. When we're all sitting at the table, the conversation begins. 

"We've already agreed on meeting at Y/N's flat but we need to know exactly when and how," Harry begins. I glance over at Draco to see how he reacted to the fact that my flat would still be used. His jaw is slightly clenched but he doesn't object, he's listening as he promised. 

"I think I can get him to meet me if I ask him about when I can come back to the Ministry," I suggest but the others don't seem convinced.

"He can just tell you no over a letter," Hermione says. The rest of us take a moment to think of a solution, but I don't come up with anything. 

"You could just say that you want to see him," Draco suggests after a long silence. 

"What?" I ask.

"You remember when... he tried to kiss you," he begins to explain and everyone in the room turns to look at me, "Obviously he has some kind of feelings. You can lure him out."

"I didn't know Billingsgate tried to kiss you!" Collins exclaims at me but I don't like to think about that moment. Matthews gently nudges his arm to get him to understand now is not the best time to ask about it.