XXIV.

My nerves get the best of me and I find myself lying awake in my bed too early in the morning. I have hours left before the date but I try to imagine it all in my head. What to wear, what to say, all the details of what to do to not make a fool of myself. It's ridiculous, really, since I've known Draco for months now but I can't help it. A date is more official and formal than our typical meetings and it's something that I've never really done before. 

I pick out something to wear that I find date-worthy but will also protect me from Hogsmeade's eternal snow. Hair and makeup was another story. Obviously, I can't go looking the way I do every day to work. Hair straight down with minimal makeup. That won't do.  

After some time of playing around with the makeup and cluelessly handling my hair, I start to feel grateful to myself for waking up so early and giving me extra time. All the looks either looked too lazy or too intense. A full face of makeup just wasn't me and I could never pull off complicated hairstyles. I go for a half-up hairstyle with subtle curls and take two strands out to frame my face. Ok, that still looks like me. I brush some soft brown tones onto my eyelids, add some mascara and a red tint to my lips. I add a little shimmer to the areas I want to highlight along with a little blush and stare in the mirror. 

I actually can admit I do look pretty. And worthy. I smile at myself then look at the time. I have a little less than an hour left now and the dilemma of when I should arrive arises. Early? Right on time? A little late? I take a deep breath. Maybe I was thinking to hard about this. It's just Draco. 

Right when the hour hand hits twelve I disapparate and a second later find myself standing on a familiar cobblestone street.

"You're late," I hear a stern voice behind me and quickly turn around. Draco is standing there, looking slightly more polished than usual. He's wearing all black, his signature color, with a coat. His fingers are decorated with more rings than usual, and they glitter in the sunlight. Something about his face looks different, too. Like he got a good night's rest. He looks beautiful with the fresh snow reflecting the sunlight onto his skin. I'm speechless.

I come back to my senses when I see him raise an eyebrow at me and I realize what he just said.

"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't mean to be late-" I begin, scared that I already messed up the date, until a big smile spreads across his face.

"I'm only joking," he says and walks straight into me, hugging me tight and lifting me off the ground. I take the moment to hug him back and inhale his intoxicating scent. 

"You had me worried for a second," I say, giggling and he squeezes me a little tighter before letting me down.

"Sorry to get you worried, but I'll make it up to you," he says and grabs my hand, leading me down the street.

"So, the typical Hogsmeade date would start here," he says once we stop in front of Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. I laugh at the sight of the place and it seems even more ridiculous now than it did when I was at Hogwarts. It was so... pink. Everything about it was just the opposite of Draco, who was reserved and proper. We walk in and it seems quiet enough. A few tables are occupied by other couples but they pay no attention to us. Just as we sit at a table far off to the corner, an older woman approaches us with a wide smile. I know she must be Puddifoot herself by how pink and frilly her outfit is.  

"What can I get you two lovebirds?" she asks dreamily and I giggle. 

"We'll both have a tea and...," he says then motions for Puddifoot to come closer and he whispers something in her ear. Although I try my hardest to overhear what he says, I'm unsuccessful. Her eyes light up and she gives me a smile.