XXXI.

I awoke in my bed in the same position that I fell asleep in. I felt exhausted as if I hadn't fallen asleep at all. For the first few seconds upon waking up, I forgot about Draco leaving me the way he did but once I remember the pain crashes over me like a wave. How could he leave me after what happened? When I needed him. 

I turn to lie on my back and to my horror, a group of people is standing around my bed. I sit up fast and let out a small scream before realizing who they are. It's just Hermione, Ron, and Harry. 

"Sorry, Y/N, we didn't mean to scare you," Ron says. Hermione looks at me with sad eyes and sits beside me in my bed.

"We didn't want to wake you. We thought you'd need all the sleep you could get after... what happened last night," she puts an arm around my shoulder comfortingly. 

"How did you know what happened?" I asked, my heart still racing from the scare. The three exchange glances at each other.

"The Ministry detected magic use in this area and by the magnitude, we knew it must have been a fight. I recognized that the area was where you lived so we just connected the dots," Harry explains. 

"What exactly happened last night, Y/N? Are you okay?" Hermione asks and I shake my head. 

"I'm okay. They... used the cruciatus curse on me but I'm okay now-" I try to explain but Ron interrupts me.

"Who did? Do you think it's the same people after muggleborns?" he asks and I sigh. 

"I would be dead right now if it was those people. No, these people were after... Draco. They're anti-pureblood," I answer.

"Anti-pureblood?" Hermione asks, dumbstruck. I can imagine it sounded ridiculous because it was unheard of but before I could answer, Harry interrupts. 

"The cruciatus curse could have killed you, Y/N. That spell does terrible things to people, drives them insane. It's not something you should just brush aside," Harry says with a hint of anger in his voice. Hermione hugs me tighter when he mentions the curse. I know she's remembering what it was like for her when she was hit with the spell. 

"But it didn't kill me. I was able to get back up but Draco... they tried to kill him," I say and they all exchange glances again.

"Where is Draco?" Hermione asks. 

"I don't know. He left after he healed..." I trail off, "Do you think he's okay?" 

"He's fine," Harry replies immediately. I look curiously at him but his face doesn't reveal any clue as to what he's thinking. I don't know what else to say so I get out of my bed and reach for my bedroom door.

"I wouldn't do that just yet-" Ron says but it's too late. Once I crack open the door I see my small apartment is filled with people. I instantly recognize George and Ginny but there are quite a few people from the Ministry as well. Unfortunately, Billingsgate is among them. I quickly shut the door again and stare at the three with wide eyes. 

"What is everyone doing here?" I ask. 

"Well, George and Ginny were really worried about you when they heard the news. But also Billingsgate is here and some of the Ministry because they think you need the protection," Harry explains. 

"How did everyone find out what happened so fast?" I ask and Ron chuckles.

"What's funny?" I ask.

"Well, it's not really funny," Ron says after Hermione elbows him in the arm, "But everyone found out this morning." 

"Isn't it still morning?"