Chapter 9

Mals POV

I woke up and was feeling a lot better than yesterday. That spell had really gotten the better of me, but I had to fight it off. I am definitely not weak, and nobody will ever see me as weak. Even when I'm at my lowest I can't be vulnerable, I've gotta be tough. So I got up and dressed with Ben, kinda just to prove I was fine. I admit yesterday I couldn't really function on my own and needed help but i was going to change that now. Ben still told me to take it easy today, so I did. I don't really protest against Ben anymore. I went to the library to chill for a bit when I saw something on the table. It was two tiny fairy dolls, they were mine from when I was little. I made them out of some wood and glue. I made their hair out of old hair extensions I found in the dump, and I made their clothes out of old fabric. I picked up the dolls and remembered all the times I played with them, and when I made them. I kept them in a shoe box and made it look like a fairy cottage from the Moors. I had never been but I had heard of it. My mother used to live there, but was thrown out because she was still posed as a villain even after saving aurora. She became cold, bitter, and evil again after being put in that prison. When I was young I would get punished by being thrown in the basement. There was a window that I couldn't reach from the inside but was at ground level on the outside. I threw all the things to make the house and the dolls down there and the next time I was punished I took the supplies and made them. I kept the shoe box down there so I could play with the dolls when I was stuck there. Once I got tall enough to reach the window in the basement I would run off to Jays place and be back before my punishment was over. It worked for a while...till I was caught. When I was caught my punishments got worse. I don't wanna go into specifics but it got pretty bad. I still have no idea what I saw in my mother, and why I chose to love her. Guess it doesn't matter now, I picked up the dolls and put them in the nursery. Couldn't believe it was about six more weeks till I got to meet them. It had been such a wild ride, but the ride wasn't anywhere close to done yet. There was still a lot of things that needed to be done. I didn't need to worry about that now though. I went back to the library and started to read a book that Belle recommended me. I also had like a quazillion books I had to read and parenting, Ben had to do the same. Just one thing was there was a chance that my kids would posses magic like I do, and there was a chance that they could be born with traits of a dragon. (horns, fangs, and wings) This had happened a few times before so it wasn't common but it still was a possibility. It also was because Ben was part beast, so any of them could be born with beast traits (tail, fangs, horns) so I had to keep that in mind. Nobody actually knew how to take care of kids like that because it had only happened like once or twice, and it was more common with me and Ben because both of us had another form that we could change into. I didn't really care if that happened as long as they were healthy, but the kingdom might. Imagine having a king/queen that had horns or wings. I was considered an outcast for a long time because of my mother, I can't imagine what my children would go through if they went through that. I tried not to think about it that much, it wasn't likely that it would happen anyway. I continued to read my book when Belle came in, I said hello and she sat down with a book as well. We talked for a bit, mostly about random things. I decided to ask her about the possibility of the magic thing. She said she hadn't really thought about it other than when Ben was born. For her it wasn't really a possibility because Adam couldn't change back and forth. She told me not to worry because if it did happen it doesn't really matter what they look like as long as their healthy. I agreed I was just worried because I was treated as an outcast and didn't want my children to be. She understood and said that everything would be fine and not to worry to much because stress wasn't something I wanted to cause myself. I continued to read and Belle and I made small talk for a bit.

Bens POV

It was around lunch and I didn't have anything to do today (other than just the normal day things of just paperwork and whatnot aka boring king shit) so I decided to just chill today. I went to go make myself something to eat and decided to make one of Mals favorites. I'm not the best cook, like I really suck, but I tried. I took it into the library and gave it to Mal, my mom was with her but that was no surprise to me. They hung out a lot lately. I ate and so did Mal, we chatted a bit to be honest not much was happening, and it had been the longest amount of time without maleficent bothering Mal so that was another plus. We just chilled out for most of the day, I wanted Mal to take everything easy after yesterday. I also just wanted her to relax a little bit and release stress and whatnot. The day actually went by pretty quickly, Evie came over for a bit to hang out. It was the calmest it's been in a while, and I liked it. I wished that everyday would be like this, but it can't be, at least not until we catch the villains. We wrapped up the day on a good note and Mal was fine all day so I eased up on her.