5 Galleon Bet

"Father can you believe it? Mr. Crouch accused a fourth year student of summoning the dark mark!" I angrily ranted while putting another spoon of oatmeal in my mouth.

"Mr. Crouch was never the brightest wizard." My father said indifferently, taking another sip of his coffee.

"I have news I would like to share." I giggled. "So you know how I've liked Freddie for a while..."

"Did he finally ask you out?" My mother shoots me an encouraging smile, and I nod.

"Took him long enough." My father grumbled, a smile forming on his lips. "That boy has been making eyes at you since you were kids."

~~~~

I stood on the platform 9 3/4, having already loaded my luggage, and was scanning the crowd for signs of Fred and George. I was dressed rather comfortably, expecting a long train ride.

Finally I spot a crowd of gingers who I instantly recognize as the Weasleys and run over to them

Finally I spot a crowd of gingers who I instantly recognize as the Weasleys and run over to them. Fred instantly notices me and outstretches his arms, and I jump into them, as he twirls me around. He proceeds to plop me down next to him and clears his throat.

"Before we board the train, I would like to introduce you to my new girlfriend." He grinned.

Mr. Weasleys and Ron's jaws dropped, and Mrs. Weasley pulled us into a hug. George gave Fred a high five, and their older brothers give him a thumbs up. George sticks his hand out, and Charlie puts a few coins into it.

"That's great to hear. I'm so glad Fred found such a good girl to put him in his place!" Mrs. Weasley smiled. "Alright, off you go lover birds!"

I helped Fred and George load their suitcases on the train, and we hopped on, finding a spare compartment to sit in. Fred wraps his arm around my shoulder and kisses my forehead. Ginny sits down next to George across from us.

"So, how did you guys start dating?" Ginny asked, excitement filling her light brown eyes.

"Well, Fred, you know, just kinda told me." I feel my cheeks start burning up.

"I kissed her." Fred shrugged shamelessly, and Ginny and George erupted in laughter.

~~~~

Upon stepping off the train, there was a rumble of thunder above us. A hundred horseless carriages stood waiting for them outside the station. Fred, George, Ginny, and I climbed into one of them, happy that we didn't have to cross the lake on boats. The door shut with a snap, and a few moments later, with a great lurch, the long procession of carriages was rumbling and splashing its way up the track toward Hogwarts Castle.

Through the gates, flanked with statues of winged boars, and up the sweeping drive the carriages trundled, swaying dangerously in what was fast becoming a gale. Leaning against the window, I could see Hogwarts coming nearer, its many lighted windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtain of rain. Lightning flashed across the sky as their carriage came to a halt before the great oak front doors, which stood at the top of a flight of stone steps. People who had occupied the carriages in front were already hurrying up the stone steps into the castle. We jumped down from our carriage and dashed up the steps too, looking up only when they were safely inside the cavernous, torch-lit entrance hall, with its magnificent marble staircase.