The Battle of Hogwarts

The Death Eater army along with myself were hammering away with spells at the Hogwarts Castle walls.

At last, the walls broke, and we began funnelling in. I ran around the castle in search of Fred, not caring whether the Death Eaters knew my allegiance.

"Freddie!"

The crashes and bangs of battle made me disoriented. The castle grounds shook and exploded all around me.

I ran into the corridor and found Fred and Percy duelling Death Eaters. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were on the other side of the corridor, also heading towards Fred and Percy.

Jets of light flew in every direction and the man dueling Percy backed off, fast: Then his hood slipped and we saw a high forehead and streaked hair -

"Hello, Minister!" bellowed Percy, sending a neat jinx straight at Thicknesse, who dropped his wand and clawed at the front of his robes, apparently in awful discomfort. "Did I mention I'm resigning?"

"You're joking, Perce!" shouted Fred as the Death Eater he was battling collapsed under the weight of three separate Stunning Spells. Thicknesse had fallen to the ground with tiny spikes erupting all over him; he seemed to be turning into some form of sea urchin. Fred looked at Percy with glee.

"Did you hear that Y/n?" Fred yelled, seeing me only a few dozen feet away.

I smiled and started to run towards them to help. Fred was looking at me, beaming at Percy's joke.

"He's actually joking! Perce. . . . I don't think I've heard you joke since you were -"

The air exploded. We had been grouped together, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, Percy, and I, the two Death Eaters at our feet, one Stunned, the other Transfigured; and in that fragment of a moment, when danger seemed temporarily at bay, the world was ripped apart.

I felt myself knocked to my knees, and peppered by a small layer of rubble, which I quickly shook off, thankful no heavy impact was done to my stomach.

I looked around to see the wall behind us wrecked. My eyes trailed along the rubble, and that's when I saw him.

His body crumpled on the ground.

FREDDIE!!!

I felt myself yell.

I leaped over to him, and started to shake his shoulders, trying to wake him up.

Fred's eyes were staring back at me, glazed over by the look of death, the ghost of his last laugh still etched upon his face.

That ugly photograph of us sticking out of his shirt pocket...

Freddie.

My Freddie.