Snowy Christmas at the Burrow

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of soft humming and the pleasant smell of freshly roasted coffee coming from the kitchen. I quietly slipped out of bed and into my slippers, creeping over to the kitchen. The door was propped slightly ajar, and I could see Fred casually humming a tune while cooking what seemed to be an omelette. He was still in his loose fitting pajamas, but over them was a long pink apron with little bears sown into to fabric, it's strings making a nice contour of his lanky physique.

"What's this?" I finally asked, feeling a smile creep it's way onto my lips.

"Making breakfast for my amazing girlfriend."
He said, turning around to face me. "Have you by any chance seen her? She's about yay high, has h/c hair, and the most beautiful e/c eyes I've ever seen."

"No I don't think I have, but I'll let you know if I see her around." I chuckled and walked into the kitchen.

"Awh, that's a shame." Fred jokingly frowned, before pressing a quick kiss on my lips.

He gracefully slid the omelette onto a plate, and I noticed an already made omelette next to it. I took a seat at our small dinner table, with a windowsill alongside it, with a bunch of plants lining its corners. Fred put a plate on the table in front of me, shortly followed by a mug of coffee.

"Thank you Freddie." I grinned, taking a fork in my hand.

"No problem darling." Fred smiled, watching me take a bite.

"It tastes great. Say, what prompted this sudden act of kindness?" I said, shoving another mouthful of omelette in my face.

"Well your job seems so tiring, I thought I could let you relax this morning."

"Freddie you are perfect you know that?" I said, taking another sip of perfectly roasted black coffee.

"Oh speaking of perfect," Fred grinned, "The family invited us for Christmas, you don't have any other plans right?"

"What plans could I possibly have?" I chuckled sadly.

"Oh, sorry Y/n I-"

"It's ok Freddie." I shook the sadness off, and replaced it with a warm smile. "So what do you think of Snape finally getting the DADA post?"

"Honestly I wish Dumbledore just got rid of that slimy git." Fred shrugged.

~~~~

Fred, George, and I waltzed into the kitchen to find the golden trio peeling sprouts.

"Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock--" Ron shrugged, and Fred's eyebrows darted up.

"I beg your pardon?"Fred asked, his eyebrows sitting so far up in his forehead it looked as though they were about to fly off. "Aaah, George, look at this. They're using knives and everything. Bless them."

"I'll be seventeen in two and a bit months' time," said Ron grumpily, "and then I'll be able to do it by magic!"

"But meanwhile," said George, sitting down at the kitchen table and putting his feet up on it, "we can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a -- whoops-a-daisy!"

"You made me do that!" said Ron angrily, sucking his cut thumb. "You wait, when I'm seventeen--"

"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hitherto unsuspected magical skills," yawned Fred.

"And speaking of hitherto unsuspected skills, Ronald," I grinned, "what is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called--unless our information is faulty--Lavender Brown?"