The Goblet

I sat down next to Hermione in the Dining Hall, where lie the Goblet of Fire. It's was dimly lit, and the large challis sat in the centre of the room, a blue fire burning at the top. I watch as Cedric puts his name into the cup, looking rather nervous as he did.

Suddenly the room filled with the cheers and yells of Fred and George, as they begin to run around the room receiving high-fives.

"Well lads, we've done it!" George cheered.

"Cooked it up this morning with some help from the wonderful Y/n!" Fred pointed at me, and everyone clapped again.

"It's not going to work." Hermione said in a sing song voice.

"Oh yeah?" Fred said, him and George leaning around Hermione and I.

"And why's that Granger?" George asked.

"You see this?" Hermione pointed at the white chalk line surrounding the goblet. "This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it up himself."

"So?" George asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"So," Hermione scoffed. "A genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a trick as pathetically dim witted as an aging potion!"

"Ah but that's why it's so brilliant!" George snickered.

"Because it's so pathetically dim witted!" Fred echoed.

"Hermione let them find out they're wrong on their own." I laughed, patting her back.

The twins stood up, shaking the little phials of the potion they had me brew in the morning.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George?" The boys interlinked their arms.

"Bottoms up!" They said in unison, downing the liquid in one shot.

The two jump into the circle, and to my surprise, it lets them in. Everyone erupts in cheering and clapping, and Fred turned to me and mouthed;

"Five galleons." I laugh, and nod.

After doing a little celebratory dance, the twins put their names into the blue fire, and turned around to start celebrating again, but before they could do so, the goblet began spitting fireballs and ejected the pair onto the concrete, along with their names. Upon landing on the floor, white hairs began to spring to their faces, and in a matter of seconds they transformed into a pair of old men.

"You said!" Fred yelled.

"You said!" George lunged at Fred, and they began to roll around on the floor in a brawl.

"Well, I just won myself 5 galleons." Said I, and Hermione let out a chuckle, opening up her book.

(I know this is how the movie bit played out rather than the books, but I really think these chapters are long enough as is, so this makes it shorter.)
~~~~

Fred and I sat next to George at the Slytherin table in the dining hall. Like everyone else in the Hall, judging by the constantly craning necks, the impatient expressions on every face, the fidgeting, and the standing up to see whether Dumbledore had finished eating yet.

At long last, the golden plates returned to their original spotless state; there was a sharp upswing in the level of noise within the Hall, which died away almost instantly as Dumbledore got to his feet. On either side of him, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime looked as tense and expectant as anyone. Ludo Bagman was beaming and winking at various students. Mr. Crouch, however, looked quite uninterested, almost bored.