The Start of Our Lives

Umbridge got sacked and Dumbledore came back, but the end result was the death of Sirius Black, which Harry took really hard.

Printed in the Daily Prophet was a statement from the Minister.

HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED RETURNS
In a brief statement on Friday night, Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge confirmed that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has returned to this country and is once more active.
"It is with great regret that I must confirm that the wizard styling himself Lord--well, you know who I mean--is alive and among us again," said Fudge, looking tired and flustered as he addressed reporters. "It is with almost equal regret that we report the mass revolt of the dementors of Azkaban, who have shown themselves averse to continuing in the Ministry's employ. We believe the dementors are currently taking direction from Lord-thingy. We urge the magician population to remain vigilant. The Ministry is currently publishing guides to elementary home and personal defence which will be delivered free to all wizarding homes within the coming month."

The Minister's statement was met with dismay and alarm from the wizarding community, which as recently as last Wednesday was receiving Ministry assurances that there was "no truth whatsoever in these persistent rumours that You-Know-Who is operating amongst us once more."

Details of the events that led to the Ministry turnaround are still hazy, though it is believed that He Who Must Not Be Named and a select band of followers (known as Death Eaters) gained entry to the Ministry of Magic itself on Thursday evening.

Albus Dumbledore, newly reinstated Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, reinstated member of the International Confederation of Wizards and reinstated Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, has so far been unavailable for comment. He has insisted over the past year that You-Know-Who is not dead, as was widely hoped and believed, but is recruiting followers once more for afresh attempt to seize power.

Draco and his body guards were trying their hardest to ambush Harry without the presence of teachers, and took their chance while Harry was walking through the train corridor. To their mistake, they did it while I was right behind them, and in front of the compartment where all of the D.A members were in. By the time we were done with the three goons they looked more like slugs in Hogwarts uniforms.

As the train slowed, I leapt up for my things and grabbed Honeys cage, making my way over to the doors as the train lurched to a full halt. I was one of the first people off the train, hopping off with excitement towards my future outside of Hogwarts.

When the ticket inspector signalled to Harry, Ron, Hermione and I that it was safe to walk through the magical barrier between platforms nine and ten, however, there was a large group of people waiting outside.

There was Mad-Eye Moody, looking quite as sinister with his bowler hat pulled low over his magical eye as he would have done without it, his gnarled hands clutching a long staff, his body wrapped in a voluminous travelling cloak. Tonks stood just behind him, her bright bubble-gum-pink hair gleaming in the sunlight filtering through the dirty glass of the station ceiling, wearing heavily patched jeans and a bright purple T-shirt bearing the legend The Weird Sisters.Next to Tonks was Lupin, his face pale, his hair greying, a long and threadbare overcoat covering a shabby jumper and trousers. At the front of the group stood Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, dressed in their Muggle best, and Fred and George, who were both wearing brand-new jackets in some lurid green, scaly material.

I ran towards Fred, placing my stuff down before throwing my arms around his neck, pulling him into a kiss.

Over Fred's shoulder I saw Ron goggling at the twins' new clothes.

"What are they supposed to be?" he asked, pointing at the jackets.

"Finest dragonskin, little bro'," said Fred, giving his zip a little tweak. "Business is booming and we thought we'd treat ourselves."