Confusion

Agent 3's pov

"3, come on!" says Callie over her Hero Roller. 

"Let her go at her own pace, Callie," said Marie. "It's been a while since we fought the Octarians,"

Agent 4 and 8 remain silent. They might be scared. But it has been awhile since we all fought Octarians.

"I thought it was finally over," I said, dragging my Hero Shot. How could DJ Octavio possibly escape again? Thoughts are running through my mind. And they're not good ones.

To make matters worse, I never want to see 8 again. After we fought 2 years ago I still haven't forgiven her. We were both fighting to see who was the stronger Agent. I always thought I was. But 8 defeated me. I couldn't believe it. I super jumped away after she defeated me all that time ago. This all happened after me, Agent 4, Callie and Marie defeated the Octarians, and after Agent 8 defeated Commandar Tartar. Nobody knew about our fight that we had. We kept it a secret, even though we were still mad at each other. My thinking was interrupted by 8, that terrible Octoling. The only one on our team. Can't she just...go? We're fighting her species, so how can we even trust her ?! Can't anybody ever see that ?!

"Are you...alright 3?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes and walked ahead of her to Callie and Marie.

I could feel 8 looking at me. She clearly shows that she wants to make up. But I don't. I hate to say it, but I am jealous. I was the strongest Agent before she came along. I'm jealous that she got everyone's attention because she escaped from underground. So what? I could've done that. And I'm jealous that an Octoling beat me in a stupid fight.

"Here we are!" says Callie.

"Why are you always cheery about EVERYTHING, Callie ?" I ask. "Even when we're all not happy about doing this ?"

"It's been a long time since I used my Hero Roller," Callie said.

"Can't you just use it in turf war ?" I asked again.

"I have to keep my identity private. Only Agents use Hero weapons," She replied.

"You know there is a normal Splat Roller, correct ? Actually, there's millions of them,"

"But it's not the same !" Callie said. "I have a bond with this thing !"

"Let's just get this over with," I said, as we all slipped under the grate in Inkopolis Square.

The first thing I see is Octarian ink everywhere.

"WHAAAAAA!" I said, as I slipped on some ink. Luckily, someone caught me.

"Phew, thanks. I could have gotten my cape covered in ink," I said, not looking up.

"You're welcome," someone said, and I forced myself to look up. It just HAD to be Agent 8.

"Oh, uh...never mind..." I said, standing up by myself. 4, Callie and Marie exchange confused looks.

I just walked ahead of them.

We all slipped into the first kettle we see. It was Agent 4's first mission.

"What the..." said 4 as we all looked around.

"What ?" I asked.

"I don't remember this mission at all ! It looks completely new !"

"The Octarians probably made all new missions...we should get started anyway," Marie said.

I like Marie a lot. She's really smart, and she has a nice way of explaining things. 

"Well...here we GO! " says Callie.

We all zoom off, going in different directions, splatting Octarians everywhere. I guess it wasn't that hard. With my Hero Shot I can do anything. I heard a cry of help, and I looked behind me. It was 8, surrounded by Octarians. Nobody else seemed to notice. They were all too busy...but I knew that I had to save Agent 8.

"Hey !" I shouted to 8. She looked at me. "Catch!" I shouted again. I threw her my Hero Shot. I wondered if she knew how to use it? I wanted to see what she could do...I guess.

She caught it in midair, and spun around, shooting ink everywhere. I guess she did know how to do a thing or two.

"3...thanks," she said. I kind of nodded. My anger started to fade away. I said I never wanted to see her again, but...maybe I was wrong.