What's Wrong?

Heyo, it's me! You have a SPECIAL CHRACTER'S pov for this chapter!! Enjoy! -Agent 3

Commander Tartar's pov

When my tears started rolling, I couldn't stop them. I felt like Agent 3 when she started crying. I...I honestly don't even know why I wanted to kill these cephalopods. I felt like nothing even mattered anymore.

I saw Agent 3 walking slowly toward me. She didn't look angry anymore. She looked concerned. Worried, I guess. She asked me something nobody's EVER asked me in my life.

"Are you okay, Tartar?" she asked.

I didn't know what to say. I don't want to say why I'm sad. It's too personal. But even though you think a telephone can't have feelings, I'm the only telephone that DOES.

"I mean...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to harm you and the Octolings, I just...had something going on that I can't tell," I stuttered. Keeping all my feelings inside all the time, I wanted them OUT. I wanted to tell someone what happened, and why I sanitized Octolings for my own use. But I CAN'T.

Agent 3 looked at me again. I wondered what she was thinking, but I'm not good at reading faces. I wondered if she thought that I-

"You can tell me," said 3.

"Yeah, you can tell me, too," said Agent 8.

"But don't you guys...HATE me for all I've done?" I asked them.

They looked at each other.

"You have been trying to kill us. Well, me mostly...," said Agent 8. "BUT...there seems to be something about you and I can see some light...somewhere in there," continued 8.

"But...how do I know that I can trust you guys to keep a secret...?" I asked them.

"We're agents," said 3. "We keep our identities a secret, even from our family. Even though we wanna tell them, uh...we don't" she said. "I don't have a family,"

3 looked down. "They...abandoned me. It's not really a secret, I just don't like talking about it. I'll tell someone if they ask, though," 8 put her arms around 3 and pulled her close.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

I felt bad for 3, too. I wanted her to know that she wasn't alone. I didn't feel evil anymore. I felt like I wanted to be KIND. A new kind of feeling, one where people wouldn't think bad about me all the time. Even though I WAS bad, I didn't want to be anymore.

"I don't have a family, either, even though I'm a telephone," I said.

"But...you at least have a creator, right?" Agent 8 asked me.

"Yes, but he left me as well. I don't remember anything about him, really," I said quietly.

The two Agents stared at me. This is why I keep this as my secret, so people don't stare if I tell them. But they moved toward me and pulled me out of the blender. I was grateful when Agent 8 shut it off, because I at least wanted to say sorry for all I've put these agents through.

They set me on the ground, because I can't really move on my own. I need the thangs to help me fly. That's how I built the blender in the first place. We kind of stared at each other for a very long time...and then 8 stepped forward.

"Even though you tried to kill me, I kind of see that you've been through a lot," she told me.

"I'm sorry about that. I was built to pass on humanities' knowledge. But after my professor built me and then left me, I became lonely and fell off my main programming. That's why I started to sanitize Octolings," I said. "I was lonely,"

"But couldn't you ask for friends?" Agent 3 asked.

"I was mad that my professor left me, so I took my anger out on the Octolings," I told her.

"I thought that if I sanitized them, they would never see their families again, and be like me. Alone. Kind of," I said.

"But even though my professor left me, I souldn't have made Octolings expirience the same thing," I continued.

Agent 8 came up to me and hugged me. I can't really do anything or move, so I said,

"Thank you,"

"WAIT!!" said 3. I was startled.

"When you said you were built to pass on humanities' knowledge, you mean, like...you're professor is HUMAN?!" 

"I...I never though about it that way," I admitted.

"3!! I remember reading something about a time capsule that can freeze you for a certain amount of time! But you're ALIVE somehow when the capsule opens!" Agent 8 exclaimed. 

"The capsule is in Calimari Inkatation Research Lab, where I read about it," she said again.

"You mean, that...Tartar's professor could be in THERE?!" 3 shrieked.