Sanitization

Agent 8's pov.

I stared into the evil face of Tartar. He wasn't on the NILS Statue. He was rebuilding the 4 thangs that he tricked me to give to him all those years ago. I'm completely terrified of the blender. Even when I was in Inkopolis after I escaped, I still had nightmares about the blender turning me into an Octoling smoothie. And I feared that one day, my nightmares would come true. I think this is the day that they do. But I'm not scared anymore. I'm ANGRY. But Agent 3 was, too. And she showed it.

"You think that you're SO smart, trying to scare me and 8," she shouted.

"But after you FAILED your mission to kill 8 and destroy the whole world, WE never thought of you as anything else than what you REALLY are. A true WEAKLING. So like last time, you're plan is gonna fail AGAIN," said 3.

I stared hard at Tartar. But I heard something else, and knew that the 3 of us weren't alone...no. There was something else. SOMEONE else.

I heard a loud yell, and and Octoling grabbed me by my back and threw a needle in!

I cried out in pain. Is this what happened to Agent 3 when she attacked me and 4?

3 lunged at the Octoling and tackled her to the ground. But the Octoling burst out laughing and shrieked, "We won! We sanitized Agent 8, and now we're gonna kill her so that your little Agent team breaks up!" 3 looked at me in horror. She splatted the Octoling, and rushed at my side, pulling the needle out. But the Octoling was right. She WAS too late. I looked at my tentacles, and saw them turning blue and green. I looked into 3's eyes, and she didn't know what to do. And then...I saw her do something I've never thought that she EVER did in her life. She cried. She cried long, and hard, and hugged me tight.

"It's going to be okay," said 3, sobbing. "YOU'RE going to be okay, Agent 8," she said through sniffles. But I could hear the concern in her voice, and that I WASN'T going to be okay. She pulled me close, and hugged me tighter. I hugged her back, wanting to be at her side forever. I didn't WANT to be sanitized, losing all my control. I didn't WANT to give in to Tartar, and destroy the world. But most importantly...I didn't want to lose 3. She was the best thing that happened to me, now that I think of it. She was the only Inkling that was kind to me, (before our past, and besides Callie, Marie, and Agent 4, she WAS the only kind Inkling to me). And I didn't want to let her go.

She hugged me one last time, and right before I was completely sanitized, she whispered in my ear,

"I love you, Agent 8," she said. And then...

3 kissed me.