To Love or Not to Love?

Agent 3's pov

I didn't know that I had these...FEELINGS for Agent 8. But if I couldn't ever see her again because she was sanitized, and since there's no cure...I felt now was the right time to show her. I thought that any second now, 8 would pull away from my kiss, but...she didn't. I opened my eyes, but something about 8 was changing. Her tentacles weren't that blue-ish green-ish color anymore. She was back to her OWN color.

"3...," said 8, smiling and blushing at me.

"I love you too," she said.

My eyes watered when she said that. My heart was beating out of my chest, and I couldn't stand up. My legs felt like jell-o. But Agent 8 wasn't sanitized. I didn't have to leave her. Everything now...seemed to be alright.

"You FOOLS!" spat a voice behind us. Me and 8 both turned around to see Tartar, still on top of the blender. I forgot about him. I think Agent 8 did, too.

"Well, I got ANOTHER plan up my wires...and I don't even care if you have feelings of love for each other..."

Another Octoling behind him threw something, but I wasn't sure what it was. It looked black, but...with a red dot on it? Oh, no...hypnoshades! But, wait...those are Octavio's! Where did Tartar get them...

While I wasn't paying attention, Tartar's Octoling cried, "SCORE!" and I was SO confused. Then I looked at 8, and the hypnoshades landed on her when the Octoling threw them. I lunged at her, trying to grab the shades of her face, but she dodged.

"Don't touch MY shades!" Agent 8 said. "They're in STYLE, y'know?"

She was already hypnotized. 

"Where did you GET those?!" I yelled at Tartar.

He rolled his eyes. "Take a GUESS!" he yelled back. "Me and Octavio are WORKING together! This was OUR plan, not just mine! He GAVE me hypnoshades for my Octolings, so I thought since he said I could keep extra, why not hypnotize ANOTHER Octoling?"

Then he turned to Agent 8. "Don't bother attacking her," said Tartar, pointing at me.

"She's going to watch you DIE! Get in the blender!"

No, no, no! I tried to tackle 8 to the ground so that she wouldn't get in the blender, but she just shoved me away. I guess she's stronger when she's hypnotized, for some reason. Then, I got an idea. I super jumped into the hole I made, back when I saved Agent 8. But this time would be a little bit different...

"Ha! Clearly, your little Inkling-friend doesn't care about you at all!" spat Tartar. In the hole, I positioned myself so that if I jump out of the hole, I would land on Tartar. I was scared to do this...my plan could fail, but it's my ONLY hope to save 8, now. I took a deep breath. 3...2...1...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I jumped out of the hole and grabbed Tartar.

"Hey! Get OFFA ME!" he screamed. "Let me go NOW!" I grabbed him tight, and slammed him into the blender.

"Oof!" 8 cried, as I pulled the hypnoshades off her. Then I grabbed her arm and I pulled us out of the blender in the hole I made.

"No!" yelled Tartar. "GET.ME.OUT!" he said.

I ignored him, and made sure that Agent 8 was okay.

She gasped a breath of air.

"Agent 3...how did you do that?!" she asked.

"I jumped in the hole I made up there when I rescued you," I said. "And then I jumped on Tartar, and slammed him in the blender, making the glass break. Then I pulled your shades off, and we jumped out of the hole I made in the blender," I explained.

"Wow," said 8. "That was pretty fearless, even for an agent...,"

I looked up at her and blushed. She blushed at me back.

"Wait!!! Please....I'm sorry, okay?" Tartar yelled at us. We both STARED at him. A villain isn't sorry for being a VILLAIN! Tartar looked at us sadly. And even though he tried to kill Agent 8, even though he sanitized me, and even though I said I would never forgive him...but I felt sorry for him. We all have things in life that's sad, but I don't even know WHY I felt bad for Tartar!

Just as the blender was about to make him a telephone smoothie, it shut off. Me and Tartar looked at Agent 8, who was at the foot of the blender. She shut it off. I smiled at her. She felt bad for him, too.

"Thank you, little Octoling," Tartar said.

"But why did you...," I started to say.

And then Tartar burst into tears.