Twenty- Three

I couldn't stop thinking about that night. About him. Kyler. His Brown Eyes. His full lips on mine. The way his hands felt all over my body. His touch. The feeling was explosive. Electric. That amazing night in my bedroom was four days ago, and I hadn't seen him since. Not even a glance, but I could still feel him, so I knew he was following me. He remained in the shadows, and it was infuriating. He must regret it, my mind taunted.

"You ready for nationals?!" Beth asked, slamming her volleyball locker shut, snapping me back to reality. Everyone else had left, but, per usual, Beth was packing all her uniforms meticulously, and I wanted anything I could do to keep my mind occupied.

"Of course I'm excited. Iowa - snow, barren landscapes - I can hardly contain myself," I spat sarcastically, shoving a tennis shoe into my bag. She smiled, knowing I was more than a little nervous inside. It was the first time in school history we had made it this far in the playoffs, and there were big expectations for us to do well. Not to mention, it was both of our senior seasons and these would be our last games ever. I couldn't imagine not playing volleyball. I had been playing since I was in the fifth grade. Volleyball had been my crutch when other parts of life weren't going smoothly. My fall back. Now that part of my life would be gone forever. I shoved everything into my bag, not bothering to fold any of it, and frowned at my empty locker. After this weekend this locker wouldn't be mine anymore. Some new bright-eyed freshman would take it. One who was looking forward to meeting college guys and who had not the faintest clue of what she was getting herself into.

"You ready?" Beth asked as she tossed her navy duffle bag over her shoulder. I nodded and gave one last sentimental glance at the locker room. I looked at the team wall where I had once painted my name in blue and red bubble letters four years ago. It would be painted over white as soon as we left. Erased from all memory, like I had never even been here at all.