Chapter 9( No One's In The Room)

Sofia P.O.V

I watched as Y/N slowly pulled away from me and wiped her face, "I'm sorry about that. I don't know why I got so emotional." I nodded looking over at the picture running my fingers over it, "I should be the one apologizing. We've been avoiding everything for so long that we never really sat around and talked about it like adults. Then every time we do talk about it I always get upset and I throw the past in your face and that isn't fair of me." Y/N looked at me running her hands through her hair with a sigh. "I'm sorry Y/N and we can I would like to talk about everything," I spoke nodding to myself before looking up at Y/N. "Yeah, that honestly sounds like the best thing right now."

I glanced over at Y/N who quietly sat in the driver's seat driving us to an unknown destination. "So what happened?" I asked pulling on the sleeve of my hoodie, it was mid-March which meant it rained a lot more and it was a bit colder outside. "With Dove I mean." Y/N hands visibly tightened on the wheel before she took a deep breath and sighed. "Nothing really happened. Remember the first time you brought me to meet the crew?" I hummed remembering perfectly. "You had just flown in from New York. It was the first week of recording and I was so nervous I almost threw up in the booth," I mumbled causing her to chuckle softly. "Yeah, and at first she would just compliment me and I just assumed she was trying to be friendly since you two would be working together. I figured that she may be if she left a good impression on me then you two would have a better friendship since I was always there."

"Well, then it went from friendly compliments to flirting," She spoke as I watched her confused. "Why didn't you ever say anything?" I asked causing her to roll her eyes at me. "I always did. My first time bringing it up we were out on a date in Canada. You told me that she was just being nice and trying to be friends. I knew better so instead of arguing about it I just decided to stay away from Dove all together. But it seemed like ignoring Dove only made her try harder," I could see that Y/N was getting irritated. I couldn't help but start thinking about all the times that we spent with Dove and Y/N wouldn't say anything or she would simply stay away from her. All the times that Y/N made excuses not to go out with us, and then I started thinking of Dove. Trying to piece together any signs that showed.

Flashback

I wrapped the blanket tightly around me as we all sat around the beach. We had finished filming early today and the cast had figured it would be great to have a beach day regardless of the temperature. I sat on the log waiting for them to start the bonfire as Y/N played tag football with Cameron causing me to smile watching them. She never complained about being here with me she made friends with cast and crew, she was polite always speaking when she entered the room. Everyone simply loved her. I was happy that we both were able to gain a lifetime of friends with this experience. Y/N mostly kept up with Cameron and Zachery so when we all came together she was either somewhere playing around with those two or stuck by my side quietly. She never had trouble being around many people which is why I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't talk much when we got around everyone. It seemed like she was always on guard, but I couldn't figure out what.

I sat quietly twisting my engagement ring on my finger as I thought to myself. "Trouble in paradise?" I furrowed my eyebrows before turning my head as Dove sat down. I smiled looking down at my ring, "No. Everything's fine, perfect even. I'm really happy, and excited about the wedding." I watched her tilt her head giving me a small smile. "Have you two decided on a date?" She asked as she looked over where Y/N was running with a ball pass Cameron. "We haven't yet. I wanted to wait until after everything with Descendants, and she completely understood," I spoke causing Dove to nod before turning her attention back to me. "You two are so perfect together. I don't understand it, how did you know?" She asked confusing me a bit. "Know?"