Chapter 10( Way To Break My Heart)

Your P.O.V

The drive home was better than the ride to the beach. There wasn't any tension in the air anymore, we had the music blasting letting the windows down just enjoying each other's presence.

I don't think Sofia realized the real reason we broke up. Sure Dove was to blame but so was Sofia. Mentioning that wasn't something that I planned on doing anytime soon since we were at a good place with each other. I just didn't want to mess anything up and I was still trying to strengthen my relationship with Sarah. Nothing was going to change with Sofia and I. Being in a committed relationship with Sarah was the main reason but maybe we just weren't meant to be.

"You know you're still my best friend," Sofia blurted randomly. "I don't think anybody will ever be able to take that title," She spoke lowering the music. "You know me inside and out," I glanced over at Sofia who starred out the window in thought. I smiled as I turned my attention back to the road. "For what it's worth. You're my best friend as well, always will be."

"Promise?" She asked holding her pinky finger out causing me to chuckle. "I promise," I lifted my hand connecting our pinks before pulling away with a smile as we made our way through her neighborhood. Pulling into the driveway at an unfamiliar motorcycle, "Expecting someone?"

"Not that I know of. It's probably one of dad's friends," Sofia spoke as I turned off the car and got out. I quickly got out following her, "Ugh we should've stopped and got ice cream before we came home." I groaned as Sofia unlocked the front door. "Why are you just now suggesting this?" Sofia asked as we made our way inside. Shrugging and closing the door behind me we made our way towards the living room. "Because I knew if we got it on the way home you would've ate most of mine. I figured if we got home we could kidnap Paulina and make her drive that way I could eat my own ice cream," I spoke nodding to myself. The plan was genius and well-thought-out.

Sofia looked over at me before she began laughing causing to my frown. "Oh, no-no. I'm not laughing at you," She said as she snorted causing a small smile to grace my lips before she started laughing harder. "It's just that, you thought of a whole plan just so you wouldn't have to share your ice cream but knowing in the end you would have to share anyway." And just like that, the smile was gone because she was right. I frowned as a pout covered my face, "Awwww." Sofia spoke grabbing my face.

"Don't pout it's adorable," She spoke before wrapping her arms around me. Laughing I wrapped my arms around her as we finally walked into the living room. "Sofia?" We quickly pulled away from one another and turned towards the voice. I didn't recognize him he seemed familiar though.

I looked over at Paulina hoping she could give me some type of insight on who he was. "Shawn?" I watched as the two stared at one another obviously not knowing what to say. "So since no one is going to address each other or act any questions. I'll ask them first," I spoke looking at the three of them before turning towards 'Shawn '. "Who are you?" I asked as he looked at me before glancing back at Sofia. "I'm Shawn. Sofia's ex-boyfriend," He introduces himself causing me to look at Paulina then Sofia.

"Who is he really?" I asked Sofia who played with her fingers nervously. I watched as Sofia gulps nodding, " He is who he says he is."

I nodded looking back over at him studying him while he studied me. "Where have I seen you?" I asked scratching the top of my head. "I was wondering the same thing. So who are you?" He asked standing up from his seat. "I'm  Y/N. Sofia's ex-fiancé," I spoke causing Sofia to nod. "Is there a reason you're here?" I asked causing Sofia to scoff. "Okay Y/N I can handle this myself," She spoke pushing me back lightly. "Can we talk?" He asked causing me to shake my head. "We're all talking now," I spoke causing Sofia to turn her head in my direction and glare.