What I look for in a BL

So, basically I decided to make a list of things that I like in BLs and also some pet peeves bc I'm bored.

What I look for:

Slow burn. typically the couples with the best chemistry are those that only get together towards the very end of the series. Most of the time when a couple gets together in like episode 3 they lack chemistry

consistency. when a couple goes from enemies to lovers they don't just become sickly sweet lovers, they still bicker and make jabs at each other. changing the trope ruins the chemistry, this is why I didn't like fighter and tutor in whyru. 

Acting like a couple. this isn't a 2gether call out, I actually liked Sarawat and Tine's relationship and they might not have been making out but they still acted like a couple. This IS a my engineer call out. When one character keeps rejecting one's love after they've gotten together I just cringe. Just cuz a character is a tsundere doesn't mean they need to continue their act once they are in a relationship. it's okay for a character to not feel comfortable being out and gay or just showing pda in general, but there is no need for the characters to not feel comfortable with their lover, you're lovers for a reason. LOVE THEM

Gay characters. nothing makes me more happy than when Bl characters or actors are actually gay and that is disgusting bc bl characters and actors SHOULD be lgbt+. I shouldn't be shocked to find out that so and so who played a gay character is actually gay. 

PET PEEVES:

non-con/r*pe. THIS SHOULDN'T BE A PET PEEVE THIS SHOULDN'T EXIST. STOP ROMANTIZING R*PE AND IF YOU ARE GOING TO PORTRAY R*PE VICTIMS PORTRAY THEM ACCURATELY. I'M LOOKING AT YOU LBC/THARNTYPE UNIVERSE. Also if I see one more bl couple where one person is saying "no, no, not right now" to the other who is trying to make out and they ignore them I will lose my mind. I know this is just casual but they clearly aren't consenting so stop.

the girlfriend plot/toxic women. girls in bls are almost always toxic or fujoshis. There are some great female characters but not a lot. often girls are portrayed as crazy and toxic in bls especially if they're an ex. The girlfriend plot I hate bc it always ends in cheating and the girl going batshit crazy. shout out to my engineer and whyru for handling the girlfriend plot well and realistically instead of like Together with Me. (the girlfriend plot is what I call it when a bl character has a girlfriend before they get in a gay relationship)

Heavy emphasis on top and bottom. top and bottom is a sexual preference not a personality trait. enough said. 

That's all for today, thanks,

alivia :)