The Music of What Happens

Overall rating: 10/10

I absolutely loved this book. The couple had great chemistry, the plot was intriguing, AND IT HANDLED THE TRAUMA OF A SEXUAL ASSAULT/R*PE VICTIM WELL.

Anyways the story covers topics like gambling addictions, poverty, unstable family lives, and also semi fetishization of gay people. Despite this the story is not angsty and actually quite uplifting, it shows how amazing humans are and how we can persevere through a lot. 

I thought the plot was perfectly realistic and there were a lot of different struggles that they main characters had to overcome and it wasn't just a smooth ride with one big hill that the characters had to climb. 

The characters were very well developed. I felt as if they both had their own feelings and personalities and their own roadblocks to get through. The author, Bill Konigsberg, did a great job in showing the little pet peeves of the characters and their thought process. the characters really felt real and I loved it. I love when characters are uncertain of their morals or paths, bc not everyone is certain on everything; what makes characters feel real is when they don't know exactly how they feel, because emotions aren't just black or white. 

I would recommend to anyone and everyone, honestly it's a must read :)

Thanks, alivia <3