𝐂 𝐋 𝐀 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐒 𝐓 𝐈 𝐍 𝐄, 𝘴𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯

𝘚𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘺: 𝘏𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵, 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮.

𝘛𝘢𝘨𝘴: 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵, 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴, 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩, 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥, 𝘊𝘩𝘰 𝘚𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘶

𝘌𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 ~☕️

╔═══ *.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.* ═══╗

╚═══    *

╚═══ *.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.* ═══╝

THE only option I have is to run, adrenaline rushing as my legs carry me. Shaky hands coated in blood, visions of what happened moments before replaying in my head like a broken VHS tape. Her cold eyes looking up at me, her hands grasping onto me in a desperate cry for mercy.

One question reverberated in the back of my brain settled itself there so loud and made my head spin with other inconceivable thoughts. What will you do?

My legs came to a halt, my body lunged forward as I gasped for air. There is a tightness in my throat. My lungs feel as elastic as old underpants, just sagging instead of contracting for the next breath. I need oxygen but this city smog tastes like death in a cocktail, no morello cherry or paper umbrella.

Had I ran that far? My legs feel like they're going to fall off. Once I can breathe properly, I rummage through my pockets in search of my phone. I find it and press the green circular button on the screen. The line rings three times and my heart nearly sinks to my stomach before it stops ringing and a yawn can be heard on the other side.

"It's four in the morning." Her voice is groggy and tired as she speaks. The sound of a blanket being moved and the slight creek from the bed as she rises from it. I mentally see her stretching her arms as she yawns.

"Come down and open the door for me." There's paranoia in my head as I glance around me. No one saw me right? God, I hope not, or else I —

The phone hangs up and before I know it the door is swung open to reveal a not so happy Mina peeping her head out. Her expression shifts from annoyed, to confused, too worried as she sees my hands.

"Seungyoun?" She says, mouth agape. I say nothing, pushing past her and into her home. As I enter the air is cold, the thin white shirt I wore doing little to none to shield my skin from the said coldness.

"Is your mom home?" I ask, cautiously entering the living room. I hated her mom and she hated me. I knew if she were to see me now she'd scream something along the lines of —

"Get that troublemaker out of my house!" Or "I told you I don't want you around my daughter!" Well, here I am. Mina follows me and we sit on the couch. Silence fills the room and I can't find the will to look her in the eyes, just staring at my bloodied palms as the moon shines down on them.

"She's asleep," she says as she stares down at my hands. "What happened? Are you hurt?" I shake my head, chest heaving. The screams ring in my head, pounding, pulsating and I just want it to stop. Hot tears run down my cheeks before I'm sobbing in my hands, my lungs on fire.

Mina rises from the couch now crouching in front of me, her hands cupping my face. I can't stop them, the screams. Her face is embedded in my brain and it won't go away. The tears don't stop flowing down my face and she wipes them away with gentle fingertips, her forehead pressed against mine.

She sings to me in a whisper, an old song we used to sing in our early days. The tears stop flowing and I'm only left catching my breath in her soft hands.

Minutes pass, the clock now reads a quarter till five, and her hands are wrapped in mine. What am I gonna do? I wonder all over again as we sit in this dark living room. Her lips make home on my supple cheek, the action was nowhere near out of the ordinary as they linger there just a bit longer than usual.

"Are you ok?" She asks. I give her no answer, just wanting to forget and stay in this moment forever or at least for as long as I could. I couldn't even look at her. I was too afraid to tell her the truth. Too afraid to come back to reality.

Mina whispers that she will be right back, leaving me alone on the couch. She soon returns with a small pale of water and a towel. She cleans my hands and the specks of blood that had gotten on my face. The water cool on my hot skin. I wanted to thank her but my words would not leave my lips so when her eyes look into mine I give her a small smile.

I think she understood because she smiled back.

Her hand guides me up the stairs to her room. The room was left just the way I knew of it, books splattered on the beige carpet, makeup left on her nightstand, and her bed a mess of blankets and disorganized pillows. I smile a bit as she lays in her bed, moving over pillows and making room for me. My body aches in need of sleep so I join in to lay beside her. Mina wraps her small arms around my waist, pulling me close like she always did.

My fingers trace over hers as I stare ahead at the doorway, the screams in my head becoming less unsettling. They weren't going to go away, not so soon.

I wanted to tell her but the thought made my stomach churn. My heart pounds so rapidly I'm sure it would burst out of my chest, grow legs and run away to leave me to die in this bed. I just hold her hand close to me, kissing it and whispering to myself.

"Please forgive me."

The End.

💌 : a note from your dear author

Hi! It's been a long while since I updated this book, I know. I hope everyone is doing well and continuing to stay safe, I'm not sure when the next update will be, I've realized it's just better for me to write when I feel like it rather than coming up with certain dates. Anyways love ya❤️

Take care lovely
— Bri