o3. the burrow

"HOW DO WE DO THIS?" Eva asked, letting go of the cold hand of their dead mother

"HOW DO WE DO THIS?" Eva asked, letting go of the cold hand of their dead mother. The healers had allowed the girls to stay as long as they could with their mother's body. She did not want a funeral. She didn't want to leave the girls with the financial burden.

"Floo, I suppose." Eleanor said, slowly letting go. She hadn't ate since before she got the letter. She thought back and how she wished with all her heart she could go back to that morning - before her world turned upside down. She thought of the twins, how they comforted her and how they were probably home from Hogwarts by now. The term was a few days from being over when the girls left. She never knew Molly and her mum were friends. She had only ever met the Weasleys her first year at Hogwarts; apparently, they had a past connection.

"What do you think Molly will say?" Eva enquired, pulling the sheet over her mum's face. Eleanor grimaced at the sight. She was usually the stronger one - but the roles had reversed in that moment.

"Let's find out." Eleanor stood up quickly and her head spun.
"Ellie!" Eva cried, "are you okay?"
"Yeah, just tired Ev. Let's go."

GEORGE COULDN'T SLEEP. Ever since that day at Hogwarts, he couldn't get Ellie off his mind. Why? The girl that infuriated him so bad at times, the only person, other than Fred, that could make him absolutely furious, was also the same person that he cared for. Not in that way, George. He thought, Blake is strictly a friend. I wonder how her mum is? He still felt slightly guilty for not knowing her sister. Or her mum. But, granted, they had never discussed anything outside of school, Quidditch, and pranks. Eleanor was oddly interested in their pranks.

It hit him. That sneaky little... it's been her! She's always asking questions about our pranks and now magically, someone, was giving Fred and George competition? I bet her sister was in on it too!

A green flame erupted from the fireplace and two bodies fell out, covered in soot. They coughed and stood up, the skinnier figure then fell to the floor. "ELLIE!" A familiar voice cried.

It was Eva. Eleanor's twin, "MUM!!!" George screamed, as he caught Eleanor before she hit the ground.

Molly, as well as several other redheads, rushed down the stairs. Molly ordered Percy to help Eva while she ran to George. "Who is this George? Where did she come from?"

"It's Ellie!" Young Ron cried.

Molly ushered George and Ellie's fading figure to the couch, she was in out of consciousness. "She hasn't ate since breakfast our last day at Hogwarts," Eva cried, tears streaming down her chubby cheeks. "She's been too worried about myself and mum that she hasn't taken care of herself."

Molly didn't know the girls (yet); but as a mother her heart broke. What 13 year old child would be so burdened? With a wave of her wand, a cup of orange juice floated to the living room. "Here sweets, drink up." Ellie, still dazed, slowly sipped the cup of juice. "When you finish that, I'll make you some food. Ginny, go to your room and find her some clothes." She looked lovingly at the plump child next to her, "I'll get you some from my wardrobe dear."

AFTER THE GIRLS WERE WARMED UP, bellies full, with clean clothes, it was time for an explanation. Ellie reached down to her pants pocket which, luckily, Molly hadn't thrown in the wash yet. "Here Mrs. Weasley. It's from our mum. She passed away last night."

All the red headed children were wide awake. They all sat around the fire and glanced between the twin girls and Molly. "Your mum, whose your mum?" She gasped and her hand flew to her mouth as she began reading the letter.

Dearest Molly,
Oh how it has been far too long. I am sorry for drifting away from you, Molls. I love you dear, you know that. But after my Carter died... it was very hard watching you and Arthur. I was jealous, Molly. Jealous that you got to grow old with your love and mine was in the grave. I wasn't angry. It's nothing you done. I just couldn't bare it. I wanted to take my girls and run away, so that's what I did. But, here I am. Dying. My family doesn't understand. They never did. They practically disowned me when they found out I was a witch. I can't send my girls to those people. Molly, you are one of the greatest mothers and people I know. My greatest friend. Please take my girls in. Fill in where I can't. Fix their wedding dresses, dote on their children. If you can't, I understand. I have listed contact information for my brother in London, who, while he is like the rest of my family, he is the most understanding. I hope you will consider this, because there is no one else I'd rather raise my girls.

Love you always,
Jules.

Molly was sobbing. The girls were sobbing. Molly picked her apron up and dabbed her eyes, grabbing the girls and embracing them in a warm hug. "I should've known." She turned to Eva, "You look just like her, but brown hair!" She laughed through tears. Eleanor knew this was the truth, her mother always said Ellie looked like their father. Molly broke the hug and smiled at the girls, "Welcome home."