11. funeral

EVA BLAKE'S FUNERAL WAS ON A BEAUTIFUL DAY

EVA BLAKE'S FUNERAL WAS ON A BEAUTIFUL DAY. They had it at the Burrow, outside. Eva loved the outdoors. Ellie hadn't spoken to anyone since that night, only George in small sentences. Nightmares of Eva's body plagued her every night, so she didn't sleep. She only ate to pacify Molly and George; but she didn't have an appetite. She didn't want to do anything that Eva could no longer do; she didn't want to live.

Dumbledore had excused the Weasley family, a long with Harry and Hermione, leave from school to attend the funeral and mourn. She sat quietly in a fold out chair close to Eva's coffin; she hadn't got the nerve to actually go see Eva's body yet, but from what she could tell she looked beautiful and peaceful. George sat next to her with his arm around her. She nestled into his chest but didn't say a word.  The funeral was well attended, with every chair filled. Everyone had came to pay their respects to Eva Blake.

As the funeral ended and the crowd filed through to see Eva's body, the Weasley family was left alone in the tent. Silent sobs and sniffles filled the tent, while Ellie sat coldly and stared at her sister. She would've cried if she had any tears left; but she had sobbed nonstop since her sisters death and her eyes were dry.

Molly walked over to Ellie and squatted in front of her; she didn't want to rush Ellie, but it was time to say goodbye. "Eleanor, dear. It's time." She said, stroking Ellie's cheek. Ellie let out a sob and pushed her cheek into Molly's hand, appreciating the warmth on her face.

"I can't do this, Molly." She cried.

"Yes you can. We'll do it together." Molly said, taking one of Ellie's arm in her's, George taking the other. They walked up to the coffin and Ellie painfully looked down. Eva was so beautiful. She was wearing a yellow sundress, her favorite color, her brown hair was curled and laying gently on her chest. Her eyes were shut, Ellie was so relieved to see her eyes shut instead of the cold, terrified look she had seen before.

"Oh, she's perfect." Ellie cried, tears she didn't know she had left finally escaping. She reached down and took Eva's cold hand in hers. Memories of Eva flooding her mind.

 Memories of Eva flooding her mind