14. harry's dream

ELEANOR WISHED SHE HAD NEVER RETURNED TO HOGWARTS. Delores Umbridge was slowly climbing the ranks at Hogwarts due to her position in the ministry, making the school worse and worse as she did so. Ellie traced over her hand with her fingers, the words "I will respect my professors" carved in her own handwriting.

Ellie was respectful; any Professor can vouch for that. She had earned the detention with the black quill for standing up for a first year who Umbridge was scolding relentlessly. Ellie didn't even know what for, but as she looked at the young Hufflepuff quaking in her robes, with curly hair, all she could think about was first year Eva. Of course, Ellie would have done that for any first year; but this one held a special place in her heart. Her name was Isla. Isla James. "I'm sorry she done that to you." Isla sniffled as they sat together in the courtyard.

"Hey, don't cry." Ellie squatted in front of her and took her hands. "I'm a tough girl." Isla smiled a genuine smile and Ellie's heart broke; she knew that it wasn't Eva, but Isla needed a friend and it helped Ellie cope to protect Isla, just as she did Eva all those years. "If you need me, you come find me, okay?" Isla nodded and hugged Ellie tight before running off to find her friends.

"You handled that well." A familiar voice whispered from behind her; it was George.

"I love children." Ellie smiled, scooting over so George join her. They watched Isla until she was out of sight. "Especially her. She reminds me so much of Eva."

George nodded, "she does, doesn't she?" He chuckled. "Timid and shy, quiet. Never was innocent, though, was she?"

Ellie laughed, "Oh, no. Definitely not. She was the mastermind behind all of our pranks." She leaned her head over on his shoulder. "I miss her so much. I keep thinking about our future and it's just so hard not picture her in it." She began to sniffle.

"She'll be with us." George said warmly, rubbing Ellie's shoulder. "She's always with us." Ellie nodded, knowing George was right. "Speaking of our future.. do you see me in it?"

"Of course!" Ellie giggled, the mood livening. "Okay, hear me out. I've thought a lot about this."

George grinned goofily, "let's hear it."

"Okay, so you and Fred open the joke shop. We build a house close to the Burrow - actually, two. One for us and one for Fred and Angelina." George nodded, as if signaling Ellie to go on. "We get married. We have a bunch of children; like 8. I want a big family-" she cut herself off because she realized she was rambling. "That is, if you want that."

"I would want nothing more." George smiled, kissing Ellie softly.

"Ellie, get up. Harry's had a dream. Arthur's been hurt." Hermione's hurried voice said, careful not to wake Angelina.

"What?" Ellie said, yawning. She was still half asleep and Hermione's words hadn't yet registered. Hermione repeated herself, causing Ellie to jump in bed.

"Is be okay?" Ellie whispered, throwing a robe on and following Hermione out of the dorm. "What happened?"

"We don't know. We don't know if anything even happened. But I believe Harry." Hermione explained.

"Me too." Ellie agreed, following Hermione to Dumbledore's office. The group was met halfway by McGonagall, the twins and Ginny.

"George!" Ellie cried running to hug him. "Is Arthur okay?" George hugged back, but was distant. Everyone was. Everyone's mind was on Arthur.

"I don't know, love." He kissed her forehead.

The children arrived at 12 Grimmauld Place and were put under the supervision of Sirius. All the children were up in arms considering they hadn't heard of the status of their father, alive or dead. Fred and George were currently berating Sirius for information, begging him to let them go.

"You have to stay here, Fred. What would the ministry think if you showed up with knowledge of the attack before Arthur's wife?" Sirius said sternly. He was right. The children only knew of the attack due to Harry's dream. Fred sat down in defeat, nodding in agreement.

"Mum doesn't know?" George questioned.

"They're on their way to inform her now." Sirius explained, "Off to bed. All of you. I'll come wake you as soon as I hear word."

"I'm not going anywhere, Sirius." Ellie stubbed up. She didn't mean to be rude to Sirius but she was not going to sleep when the closest thing to her father might be dead. The rest of the kids agreed, all getting comfortable around the dining room table. Sirius sighed, knowing he was defeated.

"You're so stubborn. Just like Carter." Sirius chuckled.

"You knew my father?" Ellie whispered, this is the first time Sirius had mentioned him.

"Of course I did. James played quidditch with him for years. Great man. A prefect. But he had a wild side.. he wouldn't stand for injustice; which I suppose is what ultimately what killed him." Sirius said sadly.

"Sounds like you, Ellie." Ginny chimed in. "You stand up for the innocent. Like Isla." Ellie smiled, her heart warming with the story of her father. She didn't have many memories of him.

"I don't remember him." Ellie said sadly. "Arthur is the only father I've ever known."

The table grew quiet at her words. They stayed up the rest of the night, telling stories about Arthur and laughing to keep themselves from worrying. Hermione's head had just began to bob when the owl came.

Arthur was alive.