29. cordelia

ELLIE AND GEORGE'S HOUSE GREW AND GREW. After the twins, the couple went on to have another daughter, Dora Angelina, named after Tonks and Angelina, and one more son, Gideon Blake, named after one of Molly's deceased brothers and Ellie's maiden name.

The two homes were built and the two family's lived peaceably side by side, having a large family dinner most nights. Fred and Angelina shared a son same age as Gideon: his name was Titus, Titus George Weasley and a daughter a bit younger, Roxanne Eleanor.

The two couples sat at the table, discussing Christmas gifts and new shop products over a cup of tea. Gideon and Titus, who would begin Hogwarts next year, ran off to get into Merlin knows what. Owlenor smacked the window loudly, she wasn't doing well in her old age. She flew in after regaining her composure with a letter from Hogwarts. "Oh!" Ellie smiled, opening it. "It's from Evan!" Evan was in his 5th year at Hogwarts, a proud Hufflepuff.

Dear Mum and Dad,

I'll be home soon for the Christmas holiday. I can't wait to see everyone. Might want to have a talk with Dora. She's been quite the troublemaker this year.

Anyway, I have a girlfriend. You'll love her, mum. I'm sure dad will too. She's a very sweet girl. She's in Ravenclaw and is a prefect. Her name is Cordelia Wood. I was just wondering if it would be okay if I brought her home with me for Christmas. Please let me know soon.

Love,
Evan F. Weasley

"Oh, dear!" Ellie squealed, turning around to George, Fred and Angelina, who had congregated for tea at George and Ellie's house. Gideon and Titus stomped through the house almost knocking Ellie down in the process. "Slow down boys!" She called before walking over to the table. "Evan's got a girlfriend!"

"Really?" George beamed, "my boy!" He high fived Fred.

"It says here he wants to bring her home for Christmas!" Ellie smiled, reaching the letter to George for inspection. "Her name is Cordelia.
Cordelia Wood."

"Wood?" Fred questioned, jerking the letter from George's hands. "You don't think..."

"Oh, Merlin." Angelina put her head in her hand.

"Surely not." George said, his eyes growing wide. "Wood was too focused on quidditch to reproduce."

"Oliver Wood?" Ellie questioned, sitting next to Angelina and sipping her tea. "He was a nice boy."

A loud crash came from the room where Gideon and Titus were playing. Ellie went to stand up but Angelina nodded, signaling she would do the disciplining this time. Before she left, she cocked an eyebrow at Ellie. "Nice." She scoffed, "you can tell you never had him for a coach."

"Well," Ellie reasoned, furrowing her eyebrow. "that doesn't mean Cordelia isn't a lovely girl."

Fred retrieved all the Potter and Weasley children from the platform. He pushed the kids out of the way, running into the Burrow. The adults all stared at him as he ran into the room, slamming the door behind him. "This keeps getting better." He chuckled, breathless.

"What are you going on about Fred?" Ellie questioned, cocking an eyebrow. Molly and Arthur looked at George for an explanation, who shrugged.

"Wait till you see Evan's girlfriend." He smiled like an insane person, walking over to stand with Angelina and finally allowing the children to enter.

"Sorry about that, my uncle can be a bit much." Evan tried to explain nervously to the girl walking behind him. "Cordelia, this is my family. Everyone, this is Cordelia."

Ellie's face immediately fell from a wide smile to a blank expression. She looked at Cordelia's face as if she had seen a ghost. Fred cackled.

"Tell them who your parents are, Cordelia! Go on!" Fred smiled, looking between Ellie and George and the young couple before them

Cordelia, visibly uncomfortable, smiled softly. "Er, Oliver Wood and Wynonna Holiday."

"Brilliant. Just brilliant." Fred smiled before Dora, the twins' pranking prodigy, burst in the room to show her uncle and her father her new suggestions for products for the shop.

George, uncomfortable as well, scratched the back of his neck and stared at his wife. She stared at the young girl for a second and then her smiled returned. The past was the past.

"Hello, Cordelia, I'm Mrs. Weasley. You can call me Ellie." She outstretched her hand for Cordelia, who smiled brightly and shook her hand. Ellie jerked her into a hug.

"Welcome to the family."