24. hello, angelina

GEORGE HAD BECOME A CRAZY PERSON. He had done everything in his power to make sure his wife and child were comfortable at all times and had gone to many  extreme measures - but just when Ellie thought George had hit the ultimate level of overprotective actions, Fred took it one step further.

Ellie reached up and got a Nosebleed Nougat box from the top shelf of the back room to restock the shelf with. Fred came barreling into the room, knocking the box out of Ellie's hands. "No!" He screamed.

"Are you insane?" Ellie chuckled as nosebleed nougats went flying across the floor.

"What happened?" George yelled, running to the back room to check on his wife.

"You're going to strangle the baby!" Fred explained, his hands flapping. Ellie broke out in laughter and turned to her husband.

"Fred here thinks if I raise my hands above my head I will strangle our child with its umbilical cord." She held her growing bump as she bent over in laughter, he had done this three times today already, but never this extreme.

"That's an old wives tale, mate." George laughed. Fred huffed, angry with them and their dismissive attitude.

"Wives tale or not, we're not taking any chances." Fred hissed, taking his arm and swooping all items off any shelf taller than Ellie. He rearranged them all quickly so that they were at eye-level or below.

"He has officially lost it." George smiled, wrapping his arm around Ellie. Ellie smiled warmly at her insane brother-in-law. It warmed her heart that he was so protective over this child already.

Ellie obliged Fred's insanity, following his strict rules about every single wive's tale possible: no hands above your head, no baths, only showers, the list went on and on.

After a long day at the shop, Ellie left a little early. The twins had been insisting that she do so, to get the extra rest she needed. Usually, Ellie didn't like doing this, but today she was exhausted, swollen, and ready for bed. She went upstairs to the flat and took a quick shower, changing into one of George's t-shirts which stretched out over her large belly. She flopped onto the bed and surveyed her gigantic ankles; groaning, she nestled into bed with a book resting on her belly.

Ellie giggled as she watched her child flip in her stomach, causing the book to move with his movements. His. Ellie smiled. She just knew this baby was a boy; although the healers at St. Mungos didn't know, she knew. She just had a feeling. Motherly instincts, she supposed. She had just dozed off, book still draping her stomach, when George came in from work.

George looked at his wife, her small frame hidden by a gigantic belly. He laughed and took the book off her stomach, kissing it gently before reaching down to cover her bare legs up.

"Merlin." George gasped, poking Ellie's leg and watching in amazement and disgust as his finger print left an indentation.

"Oh, piss off, George." Ellie said grumpily; still half asleep.

"Ellie, you have got to get more rest." He whispered, stroking her hair. "Your legs are huge."

"I know." She sighed, raising up onto her elbows. "Tonks' are the same. It must be normal."

"Both of you need more rest than you're getting." George said, wagging a finger in Ellie's face. Tonks and Ellie had become quite close since discovering they were both pregnant - Tonks was struggling with Remus and pregnancy in general, so the two women often confided in each other via owl, as she was staying with her mother, Andromeda.

"Not much longer." Ellie smiled at the calendar hanging on their bedroom wall. "One month."

"Yeah." George smiled. Their room in the flat had been taken over with hand-me-down baby items that Molly had stored away for her first grandchild - a small bassinet, old wooden rattles worn from their go around with seven kids, a few gender-neutral baby outfits. Of all the secondhand things, there was one brand new one: a baby blanket draped over the edge of the bassinet. It was yellow, hand-knitted with love by Molly Weasley herself.