o7. the yule ball: part one

THE FIRST TASK WENT WELL, WITH NO SERIOUS INJURIES.

Eva had a slight burn to her arm from escaping her assigned dragon by the skin of her teeth. But, nevertheless, she escaped. Eva had distracted the dragon by turning a rock into a rabbit, which got the dragon's attention. She wasn't happy about sacrificing an innocent life for her own; but it worked.

The Yule Ball was approaching. Ellie didn't have a date. Not that she hadn't been asked; several boys had asked. She wanted to go with George, but it didn't seem as if they were making up any time soon. Of course, this subject became the main topic in the common room.

"So, who's everyone's dates?" Fred asked, looking around the room. He and George shared a couch close to the fire place while Ellie sat distantly on the other side of the room with Angelina. "I'm going with Angelina." He smiled mischievously, raising his eyes at Angelina across the room who rolled her eyes.

"Who are you going with?" Angelina leaned down and asked Ellie quietly while the other students talked, "have you and George still not made up?" Ellie shook her head silently, Angelina patted her on the back. The two girls had shared a dorm since first year and grew close. She knew George and Ellie were fighting, but Ellie had only recently revealed the feelings she had towards George to Angelina.

"I actually don't have a date." Ellie answered Angelina's original question. She put her chin in her hand and looked across the room at George, "I turned down that one handsome 7th year Hufflepuff and three boys from Durmstrang." The girls shared a giggle which caught George's attention.

"I'm going with Wynonna Holiday." George said proudly. Ellie's heart was in her throat. Wynonna was a beautiful Ravenclaw in their year.

George seen Ellie's face turn sheet white. He originally wanted to ask Ellie, but when he seen she was talking to a burly boy from Durmstrang and that they still hadn't made up, he decided to ask Wynonna.

Ellie thought about Wynonna and how gorgeous she was; with hair so blond she could pass for a Malfoy.

Surely all hopes she had with George just went out the window

Surely all hopes she had with George just went out the window. "It's okay, Ell." Angelina whispered, patting Eleanor on the back.

THE YULE BALL APPROACHED and Ellie was still dateless. She assumed her previous potential dates had already found one; besides, she knew she couldn't enjoy herself seeing George swing Wynonna around. Nevertheless, she was happy for her sister, Eva, who was asked by Cedric Diggory.

The Gryffindor girls all huddled together in the dorm and got dressed. Ellie zipped up Ginny and helped her pin her red hair up. "You look stunning, Ginny!"

Ginny raised an eyebrow at her and smiled, "so do you. Much prettier than Wynonna." She said in a sing-song disgusted voice.