Chapter 4: Assassin Who?

Yay! New Chapter! I will try to update weekly, and sometimes twice. Look out for new updates. Also, I am only caught up with the anime, so I might not know a lot of this magic world's rules, and the ones that have already been some set I accidentally ignore. There are a lot of things about anti-magic, water magic, healing and battle spells that might go a but haywire, sorry. I'm just twisting and cutting a couple things.I might not go along right with the story, but please don't judge. This has been really light and fluffy, (except at the end) so be prepared to be drowned in angst. *More evil laughter*

! Slight Blood Warning !

Noelle POV (Yay)

Noelle was barely able to comprehend the fact that the door had been opened before mist clouded her eyes and Lily had a dagger pointed at Mimosa's thoat. The Magic Captains must have also been shocked, as well as the Wizard King as they were deep in thought. Was this some prank? Noelle kind of felt sad. She thought she could trust Lily. But now she had a knife pointed at her cousin's neck. Then, it got worse.

"Move, and you die,"

"Speak, and you die,"

"Use magic, and you die."

Lily's dark voice sent shivers up Noelle's spine. She seemed completely aware of who this was and what she was doing. Lily had said she protected the Clover Kingdom with her life, but she was threating to kill a royal. Ahh! They had to do something before Lily decided to just . . . kill her. Noelle swallowed the painful lump in her throat. She hoped Mimosa lived to see tomorrow. The Magic Captains were very aware with the situation. One wrong move and Mimosa and possibly others would die. Yuno, apparently had either underestimated Lily's strength or decided it would be a good idea to attack this mysterious girl.

"Mimosa is innocent," Yuno spat, flying toward her with his grimoire open.

Lily didn't even look over, anger rolling off her back in waves. She kept her eyes on Mimosa, her eyes still covered by the cloth of her hood.

"Shut up," her voice was dark and mad. Her left dagger disappeared, and she raised her left hand. Water magic shot out of her hand, blasting Yuno out of the room.

"Yuno!" Mimosa cried. Lily scowled and pushed the dagger, barley gazing her skin. A small trickle of blood spilled on the Vermillion's neck.

"I said, " Lily growled,

"Don't talk" Mimosa opened her mouth and then closed it. She was trembling, shaking, thinking, She's even worse than that figure woman . . . and there's still more in her. Asta clenched his fists. He couldn't hold it anymore.

"Stop!" he cried. "I don't care who you are, Mimosa hasn't done anything!" Noelle saw this, and then, Asta made the mistake of looking. Lily lifted her head, and Asta saw her eyes. He began to shake, freezing, and falling to his knees. He wailed in pain and agony, clutching his head and shaking it, tears falling down his face. Noelled was shocked. Asta was not a crybaby. In fact, she had almost never seen him cry. She did not want to look into Lily's eyes. Whatever they held, it was far worse than her own pain.

Asta POV

The pain . . . . .

Asta had been angry at Lily, furious, even. He looked into her eyes and all that was left was hurt. Her eyes were shattered, cold, and hazy. Red crept up them, slowly beginning to control her. It pierced his soul, and he wailed in agony. It was so painful . . .

So much pain.

He could feel her sadness, it enveloped him like a sharp cold blanket he didn't want.