Chapter 5: Battle for the Fittest

This is basically me trying to write a battle , tell me what you think of it, as I have never tried this before and my writing skill was zero to begin with. Major revelations in this chapter! Sorry if I told you it was next chapter, I got too excited. - ~ -^ Thanks for 20+ votes! Hope you enjoy! Also it may seem like I do a lot of Noelle and Wizard King POV, and you're right. I just like them too much. :P

Noelle POV

Noelle stood nervously in the VIP area. Along with Asta, Yuno, Klaus, and the Wizard King, they were all in the top seats to watch the performance. There was an announcer that only said there names and ranks, and left. She was nervous. This could end in two ways. One, Lily beat up Rill, or two, Rill beat up Lily. She was leaning toward the latter. Lily didn't looked like she could hold her ground and she was all bark and no bite. Hopefully she had hidden power. She had managed to slice up The Captain of the Blue Knight's roses and react to Mimosa appearing quickly, but those weren't all the the things you needed for a battle, especially an all out one like this. Apparently the Wizard King had opened something so that they had more information. Noelle was curious. Lily and Rill entered the stadium, Lily still with her hood on. The announcer cleared his that and screamed into the mic.

"First we have Rill, Captain of the Azure Deer, Captain at age 19!" Cheers exploded the stage.

"Next is Lily, a water user who has mysterious whereabouts, and a powerful aura"

"This is an unfair battle, as young Rill is nineteen, and even younger Lily is seven years old!"

Noelle choked on air.

"She's FREAKING SEVEN" she cried. Asta seemed just as surprised, but he just sat there, his face pale.

"Pretty traumatized for her age," Julius murmured. Noelle sat back down and something caught her eye. A man in a sliver robe with an odd haircut.

"Nozel?" she asked.

"He had his own suspicions and is here to inspect Lily. Also, he will join us in a few moments,"

What does Nozel think about Lily?

The battle began, and Nozel entered the small boxed that overlooked the stadium. He sat in an empty chair, his eyes narrowed and his hands interlocked and his head sitting on his hands. He was completely focused on the sight in front of him is was odd. Nozel usually wasn't this involved with foreigners. Then, the battle began.

Lily POV (Haven't done her in forever)

Rill made the first move. He placed a shot of white paint straight at her. She simply dodged, careful not to get any of the explosive substance on her. She conjured up her water daggers, swiftly running forward, dodging the exploding material Rill flung at her. He was laughing, saying how good the paint was like snowflakes or something. Lily's dagger had ripples and ribbons of water twirling behind her as she sped across the stadium.

She decided to make the second move, jumping off the side of the stadium, launching herself at he paint mage. He shot a her head, and she dipped down. Now she was plummeting to the floor. Her daggers morphed, changing into a staff that reached the ends of the stadium.Lily swung all the way around, relaunching herself into the air. As she cut through the distance, her staff morphed back into daggers. She dodged the paint, and flew around it, aiming for Rill. She swung her sword and cut him on the cheek before falling back down.

Rill repeated the action, using the water magic he was hit and blasted blue paint into Lily, barely skimming her hands. She scowled, letting it show all over her face. Flying off the ground, she shot out at the Magic Captain again, determined to win, Her movement were flowing and calm. She was completely sure she could do this. He simply copied it again, and shot back more water paint. She blocked the spell with water covered arms, and it pushed Lily back. Her feet crashed into the ground, leaving scars in the ground as rocks and dust flew up from all the friction.

Guess this isn't the time to be playing around . . .

Lily muttered something like a spell and blue flashed across her. Elbow-length water gloves with out finger tips formed on her arms. Aqua boots went up to her thighs, and a short skirt frilled around her knees, and a gladiator sword appeared in her grasp. Everything was calm and flowing in a rhythmic beat. The remains of her cloak fell to the ground, and it was now the length of a Magic Knight robe. Amazingly, her hood stayed intact. And then, she was ready.

Noelle POV (Again :)

Noelle looked in disbelief at what she was seeing. Lily looked like she had imitated her Valkyrie armor and then adjusted it to fit her style. She looked over at her brother too see him leaning over, just as mystified as she was. Or thinking about something. He had something he needed to know about Lily, and maybe this changed his perspective.

"Things are finally getting interesting" said the Wizard King, standing on his chair to get a better view. Marx tried to get him to sit back down, but he just leaned out farther out the spectator's open window. Noelle resisted a smile at the man's odd antics and peeked over to see what would happen next.

Lily sped across the floor, much faster than before. Her sword was flexible with light and she swung it as it were made of plastic. Speeding after Rill, who was laughing in a paint cart, she took a swing. Rill dodged to the side and the water sword cut into the walls of the stadium as if it was warm butter. Quickly, she snatched up the enormous sword and flew right back at the painter at an even higher speed.

"Ah he he he," the painter laughed, speeding across the stadium, dodging the constant strike of swords poking as his back. This is going way better than I thought it would, Noelle thought. They were about the same amount of power that was extremely admirable for her age, it was very unlikely she could defeat him She looked about at her climax, using her most powerful spell like that. Then she surprised every one in the stadium by raising her wand and shooting out a tsunami of water. (A/N she's too young to have a grimoire, so she doesn't really have spells.)

Rill laughed, sucked up the sell and redirected it right back at her, doubling the force of the blow. Holding up the tip of her sword, the water paint magic broke into pieces and was gone in the wind. Rill's mouth was agape, shocked at her accomplishment. No one had been able to handle their won spell before, but she just cleared it without a problem! In the shock, Lily took this as an advantage and opened her mouth. (This has a name for a reason)

"Unlocking Magic: Angel's Heartbeat" she said, her voice echoing softy across the cavern. The surrounding area darkened. A glow came for her necklace as white and green magic shone and scribbled writings all over the wall. Pieces of the magic floated down like glittery green snow shining like stars in the dark space. Feathery wings flew out of Lily's back, the green magic threaded into her wings. Pieces of the green magic gathered around on her head and made a halo. The the area lightened again, and Lily grinned wildly.

"You're in trouble now," she whispered.

Now, with the practical speed of sound, she shot across the field, changing her sword to her classic daggers. Her wings stretched and narrowed as she shot father than before, her daggers swirling with magic ribbons like they were dancing. Rill just barely managed to block, parry, and dodge her moves. As she blasted across the stadium, her hood got loosed and slipped off.

Noelle's eyes widened.

Silver hair flowed behind her, curled a the end and very long.

Grassy green eyes twinkled and a mischievous smile played on Lily's face. The color of her eyes reminded her of a certain boy she knew.

And a single braid, tied at the bottom with a green cross, the mark of a Silva.

Yay! I finished another chapter! So, I revealed a couple things, and I hope you like the story, shout out to @jammahgase for guessing this in the third chapter! Next chapter will be released soon, more ends tied. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and it wasn't too much of a cringe fight scene, as this was my first time writing one. Tell me what you thought of it! Sorry for the short chapter!

Thanks for reading this chapter!