Chapter 10: Farewell, 'Till We Meet Again

This is last chapter. Also, oh my gosh 50 votes and 1.4k views! Thanks too all my lovely followers and people who support this fanfic! Please, please, please give me ideas for my next fanfic. I'll take almost any request, so please tell me! I wasn't able to stuff a whole lot of fluff into this chapter, so if you want a one shot of the end of this, plz tell me. Hope you enjoy!!!

Noelle POV

Noelle choked on practically nothing.

"You're Yuno." She looked up at the black haired man, seemingly not caring about the seven-year old riding his left shoulder. She was still smiling, and crawled up to sit on his shoulder instead of hanging. The wind magic user was a lot taller in the twenty years of difference. Of course, it was around 20 years, but still.

"And?" Yuno raised an eyebrow, giving off an 'I don't care' feeling. She looked to the side, a bit embarrassed, to say the least. His mana radiated power and a sort of superior gust, like he wanted to make sure everyone knew he was in charge. Yuno, amused by her reaction, reached down and patted her head.

"You're kinda short, Noelle." Noelle puffed up her cheeks and looked away, pouting and angry.

"I'm royalty, you can't treat me like that," And to her surprise, he laughed. Laughed like this was the funniest thing he had heard in years.

Asta walked up to the three. He raised an eyebrow before saying,

"Is that Yuno? It can't be right, he never laughs!" Yuno's eyes squinted as her looked around, as if looking for something. Then he looked down.

"You are so much shorter than I remember." Asta scowled and said,

"Well you're older, you handsome jerk!"

Yuno smiled and let the odd half compliment-half insult pass.

The he looked around again, and frowned, The man from the future walked to the rubble and examined it. He took his new sample and walked back to the group. Lily still hung on, only wavering slightly as he bent down. When Yuno stopped back at the group, she hopped off of his shoulder and sat down, dipping her head in shame. The wind magic user sighed. He sat down next to her, tilted his head, and asked,

"What happened?" Lily scowled and looked away, like a child refusing to give into punishment.

"Ichtar happened, that's what. I mean, try in the future, try in the past, it doesn't matter. I'll beat that demon either way." Yuno's face brightened.

"So she came to the past and you defeated her?" Lily nodded eagerly. He smiled again, and stood back up, then helped Lily back to her feet.

"Okay, you two did your secret talking, and now we get to ask questions. " Noelle said. Yuno shrugged and replied,

"Fair enough." Asta opened his mouth, but Noelle put a finger to his lips.

"Actually, change of plans, I will do the talking." Lily cracked a smile.

This could be fun or a disaster. Possibly both.

"First question: Why are you so cheery Yuno? You're never like that. "

"One, you can't be a gloomy person when you raise an energetic peppy 7 year old." Noelle shrugged, Asta agreed, (I mean, he was a seven year old once too.) and Lily smiled.

"Second, when nothing brightens the room, you must do it yourself."

"Third, when in the most peril and fear, smiling bring light to the dark. The last two were Lily's idea."