Chapter 7: Forgive and Forget

Sorry for the long wait, (like a week, think?) I was too busy with school and stuff. Last chapter I made a mistake and put in 'Mimosa,' but really I was just trying to type that chapter while I was thinking about this one in my head, because there is a LOT more of Mimosa in this. Sorry that caused confusion. :P On to the chapter! There is some blander things in here, but I'm actually almost done with this fanfic. I hope you enjoy this chapter! :P

! Blood Warning !

Lily POV

Lily swallowed, biting back the sting of te several poisoned cuts on her body. Unfortunately, she didn't have a very good healing spell. So, she decided to suck it up and keep fighting. Footsteps clicked toward her and she whipped around, ready to strike. It was Mimosa. Lily sighed.

"What do you want?" Mimosa smiled.

"To heal you of course," She activated her grimoire, two wing shaped bushes of pink flowers. The soft golden glow spread like a warm fire in the dark stadium. Lily quickly crawled away from the warm source, wincing when her wounds scraped the ground.

"You need to heal yourself first," The small Silva pointed out.

"They're only scratches," the Vermillion replied, smiling at the girl. They were not scratches. Shaking her head, Lily let a small ribbon of magic water enease her, he wounds mending and her body gaining enough strength to lift herself off of the ground. Mimosa offered a hand and Lily took it, gratefully accepting the leverage she needed.

"I'm sorry," Mimosa bit her lip, looking to to the side. "I . . . don't know what came over me. I don't want you to go to jail. I was in the forest, and I ran into . . . into her," the orange haired girl pointed over at the figure, who was still swatting Asta's and Noelle's attacks like flies.

"Her mana was so enormous is overwhelmed my senses, screaming danger every second, so aware of my surrounding. I managed to escape from her grasp, and came here. And your mana, I couldn't sense it, but the pressure was even more intense than hers. So assumed you were and even more powerful enemy," she said, looking guilty. Lily grasped her shoulder and gave a reassuring smile.

"I thought you did all that because of, well my biology." The Vermillion's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. Then she squinted and choked.

"Wait, wait, wait wait wait wait . . . ." Mimosa was having difficulty comprehending what Lily was saying.

"You're . . . ?" Mimosa began discussing her life choices and her overloaded brain. Lily nodded and her shoulders slumped and she dropped back on to the floor..

"Guess I wasn't good enough . . ." Lily plopped down next to her and said,

"That's not true. It's the choices you made to attempt to achieve this that poisoned you record. Right now you are the purest soul I've ever seen." Mimosa raised an eyebrow at her 'poison record' part then smiled and said,

"Really? I'm the purest soul you have even seen?" The Vermillion beamed.

"Considering I surround myself with a ton of royals and nobles who are snotty liars and deceivers, and sometimes killers just to gain power and riches. It's not the best compliment in the world, but yes."

Mimosa laughed and Lily offered her a hand. Lily muttered something before Mimosa accepted it gratefully, smiling at the offering. MImosa gave Lily a hug The Vermillion dashed off to the blocked entrance.

The Vermillion began to conjure flower cradles. People crawled into it. Most people only had a couple of sprains of broken bones. Nobles would ask Mimosa to heal the small yet incredulously important scratch on their arm and cried for her to mend it. She did, but not after rolling her eyes. Some people were much more affected, and Mimosa healed them personally with her flowered bush wings.

Dust clouded her eyes, interrupting her work. Yuno was using his magic to slice the black vines, sand flying up everywhere. The vines constantly regenerated after cutting them and then proceeded to grab another citizen. The dust settled, an Mimosa was finally able to return to healing the people.

Of course, she was concerned about the citizens who had been hurt more than the others, but none of their wounds were fatal. She looked back to the battlefield. Klaus was throwing volley after volley of metal swords, and the Wizard king couldn't hold many because he had so little saved magic. Still, he stole a lot of time, making the vines wither up. Yuno continued to shoot more and more blasts of wind. All of them were unscathed. Then she looked over to see if Asta and Noelle were doing alright.

They were not okay.

Noelle was spilling out insults and comebacks at the small Black Bull, telling him to stop. Asta kept on going, trying to take a slash at the horrid figure and doubt and pride clouded up his vison. The figure didn't attack them. She simply dodged, then sent a vine flying his way while he was off balance. Every time Asta took a shot, he was scraped or cut by the vines. He was scarred all over his arms, the wounds bleeding with every shot he took. This time Noelle stepped up instead f shooting from afar.

Noelle caught this as a time to attack, activating her Valkyrie armor before blasting off toward the figure, dodging the vines thrown at her. Wind blasted in her eyes as she flew around at top speed, trying to get a hit on the figure with her lance. Noelle finally landed a scratch, and the woman scowled. She mouther something and a venus flytrap came from nowhere and swallowed her, then spat her out.

This woman, whoever she was, wasn't normal. She had just swatted Asta and Noelle like flies. They were some of the best mages/fighters she knew. Asta and Noelle were both unconscious on the floor.

Where are you Lily?

"They weren much of a struggle, how unfortunate. Just another kill to my collection," The figure smiled, her bloodied lips a horrendous mess. Mimosa's heart stopped.

Kill?

Lily POV

"They're dead . . ."

-Again?-

-I'm so pathetic.-

-Can't fend myself against one demon.-

-I'm sorry. -

-She put this upon herself.-

I will

Avenge you.

Sorry for the shortest chapter ever! I just really wanted to put this out there to confirm a couple of things. Also, it left on a nice note. Thanks for reading and thanks for 900+ reads OvO! Edit: Now that I am in close-contact quarantine, I have a lot more time to write. Yay!