Chapter 5: Weekends

Saturday morning

Ayanokouji's POV

I'm here standing in front of the Keyaki Mall waiting for a certain someone to play. Thinking back then, how did this happen?

Flashback

Friday Afternoon

When the class ended, as I was thinking of things to do, someone approached my seat.

“Hi, Ayanokouji-kun” said Satou

“Hello” I replied

“Can I invite you to play tomorrow?” she asked shyly

My mind then turned blank of the sudden question but I didn't show it to my face.

“Ah...sure”

“Yes, see you at the Keyaki Mall at 9 am” she jumped happily then left like the wind.

In the present,

While I'm lost in thought, Satou then arrives and waves at me. She was wearing a blue dress and her hair was beautifully arranged, perhaps she went to a hairdresser. Now I got a good look at her, she's not bad.

“Good morning Ayanokouji-kun” she greeted

“Did you wait for too long?” she asked

“Not really, I just arrived a moment” I replied

“Okay, shall we go?” she said

She grabbed my arm and led the way to the shopping district.

When we arrived, she picked several outfits and went inside the dressing room to try it on.

“Please wait” she said

I nod and sit while waiting for Satou to finish. The door then opened and saw her wearing a light pink crop top and blue jeans.

“What do you think?” she asked

“It looks good on you” I replied

She smiled, after trying all the outfits she returned all of them to their designated areas. I'm rather curious about her actions so I asked.

“Why do you return it?”

“Ahm.. I just want to try them and I haven't got enough points lately” she said shyly

So thats why

“Take a pair I buy it for you” I told her

“Realllllyyyy~?”

“Yeah, consider it a gift for trying hard in the study group”

“Thank you Ayanokouji-kun” she then hugged me.

“Sorry”she said

“It's okay.  Come on let's go”

After buying the clothes which cost 15000 yen Geez, girls sure have it rough, having to live without points. We then continue to wander around the mall and stop at the instrument store.

I then found a piano and it had a sign written “Feel free to try”. I recalled all the training I did in the White Room and one of it was piano lessons. I move forward and face it. Breath in, Breath out, put my hand on the board and play Fur Elise by Beethoven.

After hitting the slow notes, I got carried away and quickened my pace to match the original.

The crowd then went silent but I  didn't notice it cuz my mind was focused on the melody.

When I finished my performance, all eyes were on me and I heard a clap from the students. I then went to the dumbfounded Satou.

“Hey, you okay?” I asked