Starry Night

12/23, Late Night, Tuesday

Fuming.

I was delirious. Furious. Utterly distraught.

All the mean things I could think of, I threw right at them. They boggle my mind with their inconsistent jabber, their tiresome aggression, and their meaningless actions.

I have no desire of spending much time with such idiotic blather. They can't let me have my fun?

"How could you expect me to have fun without any money?"

Fine. Fine! I don't give a damn anymore!

Once I stepped out the door, the first thing that popped into my mind is the backyard.

Yeah, she'll be able to cheer me up. She always does. She's a more consistent source of happiness than those two I left behind.

Screw them. I hate them. Anyone could've had the "luxury" of being their son, but why me? Why does it have to be me?

Ever since the beginning, they've brought me nothing but pain and displeasure.

Screw them. I hate them.

And I love Maya.

Woah, did I just confess?

One can wonder, whether that emotion holds true or not. Does it bear fruit, or does it only provide a temporary sensation?

I, for one, can't wait to unravel the truth.

I came running out back, excited for another night loaded with memories.

"Heya, heya, heya, D!"

Mouth agape, I approach her with ecstatic fashion. "What is this strange enthusiasm I sense? Perhaps something good had come of your day, my lady?" I asked with flair and a stupid old English accent.

"Hmm, I guess you can say that," Maya replied. She does seem to be in a really good mood.

Hopefully, she can pull me up with her.

"I see you're keeping busy!" I said, referring to the sketchpad she held.

She nods gleefully. As always, her demeanor colored the darkness surrounding us.

"How 'bout you, D? I assume you're pretty occupied with the whole 'cha-ching' tomorrow night, huh?" she said, winking along with her vibrant words.

Damn it. I hadn't realized how effective she was at making me forget. My daily life, my problems, mountains of them that had exhausted me since day one...

"Please help me forget."

That desperate request had bred an unsettling stillness between us. With her big, doe eyes, and her pink, adorable dress, she blessed me with the word...

"Let's!"

A minute, an hour, two hours had passed and she had helped me... forget.

Forget everything, at least for just a little while.

She never ceases to amaze me.

"And if you look closely, I've managed to sneak in a sneaky, sneaky detail," said Maya as she brought her sketchpad closer to the fence dividing us.

"Huh... Huh, huh! Huh! That's... That's me! And you really had me hanging out in the forest, huh? You know I'm scared of the forest! Bunch of uh, creepy insects and tiny, venomous bugs, yuck!" I shiver at just the thought of being there.

I shiver at the thought of... loneliness. No, don't. Just forget about it, Darryl. Forget!

"Well, I figured it would motivate you to face your fear for once. I thought maybe with me suggesting it, you might actually consider doing it." Maya smirked with that sly remark.