Choose Your Own Adventure - Save Stress

Word Count : 471

Yeet! People in the last chapter for this specific series said save Stress. So here's Stress' version!

Also this is kind of a shorter chapter, sorry-

-
-
-
-

Iskall turned to the brown haired girl and broke into a sprint towards her. "Hang on Stress!" 

Stress screamed out as the ground beneath her feet completely broke away. 

Iskall quickly reached out and grabbed her wrist, yanking her towards his body and pulling her into a secure hug. He then let himself push off the solid cement with his leg and fall back.

Iskall fell onto his right shoulder, back further in the unbroken street. He held StressMonster within his arms and didn't let go. 

Another scream reached the Swede's ears, then faded. 

Iskall could feel Stress trembling in his arms as he slowly used one arm to push himself and Stress back up in an upright position. 

Iskall drew in a shaky breath as realization dawned on him. 

"Mumbo!" 

Before the Swede could stand up, Stress' grip tightened. "Iskall." Her voice held a tone of warning and strain. It was uneasy and sounded stressed. "Iskall back there." 

Stress then pulled away from her friend. 

Iskall could feel his throat start to constrict on him, but he slowly managed to turn around to look at what Stress was talking about. 

All the shaken up dust was slowly settling back down again. And a limping figure was approaching. 

"Who is that?" Stress asked weakly, her own shoulders now covered in dust and small bits of debris. 

Rising to his feet, Iskall surveyed the figure and around it. Weird sounds reached his ears, sounds he had never heard any normal person make. 

"Stress I don't think that's-" Iskall cut himself off mid sentence then restarted. "That-That's- not a person." 

Stress eventually rose to her feet as well, holding herself in a hug. "Then who is that? What about Mumbo?" 

Iskall cursed mentally to himself. He had to make another decision. 

-
-

Ignore The Limping Figure And Climb Down To Mumbo 
Heads Up : Iskall's Stress Level Will Increase From Zero To Five Percent 

Or

See Who The Hell That Thing Is 
WARNING : If you pick this option, Iskall's Stress Level will increase from zero percent to fifteen percent. 

-
-

Stress Level : This is the protagonists mental stability. If the protag reaches 100% stress level they'll take their own life.

Stress level will only come in at making massive moral choices, such as possibly taking someone else's life to save another's or to decide if torture or negotiation is better.

The protag choices/stress level will also change the way other npc's- (Like- non protags)- see them and how they'll act. It'll also see how much the npc's tolerate the protagonist as a whole.

Tolerance Level is a completely different thing that I won't explain now.