~ Chapter 2 ~

"Hmmm... I suppose something must be done about this." Caliburn said as Sonic, Y/N, and Merlina are walking through the forest.

"What're you talking about?" Sonic asked.

"My edge has grown blunt. Being in that rock for so long has taken its toll."

"Heh! Not the sharpest tool in the shed, huh?"

"That's because a gentleman shouldn't have such an edge."

"Ooooohhhh!!" Y/N and Wolflobe said in unison.

"Gentleman? Who are you calling 'gentleman'?" Sonic glared.

"Seek out the blacksmith in the castle town. I must be presentable when we meet the Lady of the Lake." Caliburn said.

"What about you Wolflobe? Don't your edge need to be sharp?" Y/N asked.

"I suppose I do. My edge and myself are made by the unknown magical gem. It is powerful, but it needs to be always sharpen." Wolflobe said.

"What're you gonna do, Merlina? Merlina? Hello...?" Sonic asked, looking over his shoulder along with Y/N.

Merlina bends down and picks up the flower.

"Why do flowers bloom, knowing they are destined to wither?"

"Huh?"

Merlina sighed.

"Their time of beauty is so short-lived. Forgive me, Sonic and Y/N, but I would be recognized in town. I shall remain behind, in hiding."

"Alright. Then I guess it's so long for now."

"Be careful out there, Merlina."

"Yes. May your journey be safe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic and Y/N started running and roller skating along the way.

"Alright, time to find a blacksmith."

"Hmm... Something is very wrong, here. Better be careful." Caliburn warned.

"Yeah, you too, Y/N. I can smell it." Wolflobe said.

"Don't worry. We got this." Y/N said as her and Sonic made it through the castle.

They were suddenly blocked by strange purple knight goons. Her and Sonic easily jumped over them as more came.

"Everyone's acting strange. Let us survey the area ahead."

"Right..." Sonic said.

Y/N and Sonic took down the goons with their sword and kept on going. They then saw some citizens running away from the same purple knight goons.

"Are you okay?!"

"It's no use trying to talk to them while there are enemies around!" Wolflobe said.

"She's right! Let's keep on going!" Y/N said, slashing off the goons by the head.

"Hey... What's going on here?"

"It appears to be more than just a battle." Caliburn said to Sonic.

They zoomed their way while taking down the goons that are in their way and jumped high in the air. They later landed and kept on going until they made it to the bridge as they see more goons coming.

"We're trapped on this bridge!"

"No we're not!"

"No problem! We'll just barrel right through 'em!"