~ Chapter 3 ~

"Wow... So he was one of the Knights of the Round Table?" Sonic asked as they are walking.

"The mightiest of all and the closest to King Arthur. It was mere luck that enabled you and your sister to defeat him." Caliburn explained.

"If you say so..."

"But why did you two not deal him the final blow?"

"Huh?"

"What?"

"Such sympathy is an insult to a knight."

"No, it's not, Caliburn. I'd rather let them live because they deserve a second chance. A true knight would never kill their own knight if you make them your friend. That's how I learned. I did the same with the other enemies I have defeated and they became my friend."

"You really do have a good heart, Y/N." Wolflobe said, looking at her.

"Aw, what's the big deal? Besides, I got this, didn't I?" Sonic said, showing Lancelot's sword.

"That is Arondight, one of the sacred swords of this land. Take good care of it." Caliburn said.

"No problem."

"We're here." Wolflobe said.

They stopped to see a bridge full of light blue lights across the lake with a nice. Just then a figure appears and walks towards them.

"I've been waiting for you, knights from another world."

"Amy?!" Y/N exclaimed in shock.

"Whoa!"

Sonic starts to run away.

"Fool! Where are you going!?" Caliburn said.

"But that's...!!"

"You are being rude to the Lady of the Lake! Bow your head!"

Sonic then bow before Amy/Nimue along with Y/N.

"I think I know why you two are here. It's about Excalibur isn't it?" Nimue said.

Sonic grabs her behind her head to her shoulder.

"Yeah, that's right! You don't waste any time, lady!"

"Sonic!" Y/N scolded.

"Show some respect!" Caliburn and Wolflobe scolded.

Sonic backs off. They then walked across the bridge and sat down by the nice area with a table full of teacups.

"I'll tell you how to hinder the scabbard's power of immortality. I'm the one who gave it to him, so it's kinda my fault, see? But still..."

"Still what?" Sonic asked.

"Whoever defeats King Arthur and takes his scabbard... Might end up turning out the same way, right?"

"I see..." Caliburn said.

"So I have three tests for you. Would you like to hear them?" Nimue asked, showing them three fingers.

"Yes." Y/N said.

"First, free the innocents from King Arthur's dungeon. Second, offer compassion to those in need. Third, defeat King Arthur's knights of the underworld. You have three days... Good luck..."

Nimue then disappears.

"I get it. She's only gonna to tell the secret to a true knight." Sonic said.

"Yep." Y/N said.

"Are you up to the task?" Caliburn asked the siblings.

"This will not be easy." Wolflobe added.