Chapter 6

December 7, 1995 Tampa Florida
JANE CARTER'S POV
I wake up next to Aaron on a chair.

He's still in a coma, but the doctors are saying he should recover. My baby, hit by a car that was speeding. I wiped away my tears.

I went to the cafeteria for food when I realized Nick still wasn't here.

It had been almost two days. Something was wrong. I knew it was. I get the phone and dial Brian's hotel number.

BRIAN'S POV
"Have you guys heard from Nick yet?" I ask the guys. They shake their heads.

It's been about two days, Nick should've called by now.

"He's probably with Aaron right now Rok." Kevin says, trying to comfort me.

I nod and open my mouth to agree, but at that moment the phone rings. I go to answer it, but Kevin beats me to it.

He answers and says "Wait you haven't heard from him either?"

Panic rose in my stomach. Kevin stays on the line for another minute then hangs up. His face is pale.

"Nick is missing."

"WHAT?!" AJ and Howie cry in unison.

"He hasn't shown up at the hospital and it's been 48 hours." Kevin replies, looking worried as hell. What could've happened to Nick?

I paced worriedly. I knew it. I had a gut feeling all along. I knew I should've went with him.

LILI'S POV
I wake up, and start to whistle, but all the events from yesterday start crashing in.

Nick.

Holy crap I fell asleep!

I rush to Nick and see that he's still unconscious. I feel his neck and feel a pulse. Thank god.

His bruises are fading away a bit, which is good. I go into the bathroom and shower and brush my teeth.

When I come out, Nick is still on the mattress. I quickly change and make breakfast. I eat, and check on Nick. I can hear him breathing, which is a good sign.

I gently shake him, but his eyes don't open.

Crap, how long will he be knocked out?

I tend to his wounds and give him another washing with a cloth. After I finish,

I dress him in a new shirt and check his pulse again. He's fine for now, so I leave him and go open the letter I picked up from the school. I had been too nervous to open it yesterday. I open it and read the words and jump up.

I passed the test! I can graduate early! I sigh in relief and smile as walk upstairs to watch Nick.

He was breathing, his chest rising up and down.

I studied him. He looked around my age, the same blonde hair, except it was covered with dirt.

I knew he had blue eyes, but they were closed.

He was skinny, and looked about five foot ten. He seemed to a be naturally tall guy for his age.

I grabbed his shirt and coat from the dryer, now clean.

I looked at the top of the dryer, where I had put his belongings.

He didn't have a suitcase with him or anything.

There were keys, a broken cell phone, a gold cross necklace, and a shredded piece of paper.

I frowned, and put it together. They were the directions to the Tampa Hospital.

I looked back at him, but he was still the same.

I turned back, and looked at his keys.

A silver key, most likely as house one, and four other ones, with a little Mario keychain and a picture dangling from it.

It was him and four other guys, and a little blonde boy who sort of looked a little like him.

I put his belongings away and sighed. If he didn't wake up soon, I would have to risk leaving him at the hospital.