Chapter 16

December 18, 1995 Tampa Florida
LILI'S POV
I can feel myself waking up, but I'm too sleepy to open my eyes.

My pillow is way too comfy. I squint and wrap my arm around the bright blue pillow and close my eyes again.

Wait. I don't have blue pillows.

I force my eyes open and see than my "pillow" is a chest. My eyes widen.

Holy shit. I fell asleep on Nick.

Oh my god, this is so embarrassing. I try to shift, but something is around me.

I turn my head, and see that Nick's arm is wrapped around my shoulder.

I panic, not knowing what to do.

Should I wake Nick up? Or should I try to slip away?

I settle for option two. I unwrap my arm away from his chest, and Nick begins to stir.

Damn it.

His blue eyes pop open, and he looks down at me. I realize I'm still on his chest. I quickly get up, and hop to my feet. I face Nick.

"I am so so sorry about that." I apologize.

"It's alright." Nick chuckles. I run my hands through my hair, smoothing it down.

I glance at the clock and see that it's already 10 am.

Crap.

Nick follows my gaze and his eyes widen when he sees the time.

"Shit!" He jumps up and starts putting his shoes on. "I told my mom that I would be back home by morning!" He says, frantically tying his shoelaces.

"Oh my god Nick hurry up then!" I say, running upstairs to go brush my teeth and quickly put on jeans and a purple T-Shirt.

I grab my jacket, since it's cold. By the time I come out, Nick has the same clothes he was wearing when I found him. His clothes are no longer bloody, as I washed them.

"Dammit. If I walk, I might make it in half an hour." Nick shakes his head.

"No it's okay, we can walk to the grocery store and I'll order a a taxi." I say. Nick looks at me with gratitude.

"Thank you so much Lili."

I smile in response. We walk to the grocery store and wait for the taxi. Nick turns to face me.

"Hey, I just want to say thank you for everything." he says softly, looking into my eyes.

"Your welcome Nick." I say, and smile. I turn away from him and look down at my shoes.

"Lili." I look up at Nick. His eyes are searching mine.

"I lo-" he begins, but he gets cut off.

HONK!

Nick stops looking at me and we both see the taxi driver waiting. Nick frowns.

"I have to go."

I nod.

Nick pulls me in a hug.

We pull away.

Nick gets into the taxi.

"I'll visit you, I promise." he says, when he's in the car. I nod again, and wave and once the taxi is out of sight, I turn back and walk home.

NICK'S POV
I was so close. So fucking close to telling her. Then this dumbass taxi driver decided to show up. I try not to glare at him while I give him my address.

It's a five minute trip and I pay the taxi driver and walk up to my house. I fish out my key and open the door. I hear my mom in the kitchen.

"Mom?" I call out. My mom rushes from the kitchen and hugs me until I can't breathe. She kisses my cheek and I scrunch up my nose.

Seeing my reaction, she frowns.

"You have a lot of explain to do sir." She says angrily. I sigh and follow her into the kitchen.

BRIAN'S POV
I roll over and fall on the floor, making a thud.

"Owww." I groan. I run my eyes and get up. I wake Kevin up.

"Good morning Bri." Kevin says cheerfully.

"How are you so cheerful?" I rub my lower back where I fell.

"Well it's because Nick is back!" AJ pipes up.

Wait what? Nick's back?

I push past AJ and Kevin and go to the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth, then I run downstairs and surely, Nick is standing there with a grin on his face and his mom is standing next to him looking relieved.

"Hey Frick." Nick smiles. I run up to him and hug him tight. Nick chuckles and hugs me back.

"Alright boys." Nick's mom breaks the silence and the hug. "You can go upstairs and see the rest of the boys."

We both nod eagerly.

"We should go to McDonalds to celebrate." I suggest.

"Did someone say McDonalds?" AJ's head pokes out from the stairs. We all laugh and hug.