Chapter 25

December 23, 1995 Tampa Florida
LILI'S POV
Aaron and Angel were allowed to choose the movie genre.

Nick's mom sat in one chair and Nick's dad sat in another. Howie sat on one side of the couch, and then I was between Kevin and Nick. Next to Nick was Brian. AJ wanted to sit on the floor.

On the other couch sat the Carter siblings.

I had to admit, I really liked Nick's brother and sisters. BJ seemed really sweet. I could tell that Leslie was sort of shy.

Angel was really outgoing, and funny. I could tell that Aaron looked up to Nick, which I found adorable. I find Aaron extremely cute, he looks a bit like Nick, but with brown eyes.

"I wanna watch Peter Pan!" Aaron shouted happily. I smiled.

"Lili do you mind?" Mrs. Carter asked me.

"No its alright. I love Peter Pan." I grinned.

"Yay!" Angel clapped her hands and started dancing in place. We all laughed. Nick put the movie in and we all watched it.

Halfway into the movie, Nick nudges me and points to his parents and siblings. They are all fast asleep. I try not to laugh as I see Aaron sleeping on top of BJ.

Nick gets up from the couch and picks Aaron up and carries him upstairs. Brian gets up as well and picks Angel up. Nick comes back and takes BJ up as well. I smile watching him. I love how Nick takes care of his siblings. It's really cute. Leslie wakes up and lets Nick carry her to her room as well.

When he comes back, he nudges his parents awake. They both wake up and say goodnight and head upstairs to sleep.

"So what should we do now?" Kevin takes the DVD out and puts it away.

I frown, and then say, "I dunno."

"Actually it's still kinda early. It's only 9:00 pm." AJ glances at the clock.

"Lili, we honestly don't know you that well, so how about you tell us about yourself." Howie suggests.

"Umm sure."

Nick sits back next to me.

"Well what do you want to know?" I fidget with the jersey.

"When's your birthday?" AJ asks.

"April 21st." I glance up. "Why?"

"Just curious." AJ smiles and shrugs.

"What's your favorite thing to do when you have free time?" Brian speaks up.

"I really love the beach, so I go there whenever I can. I also like to read as well." I look at Brian, who is grinning at Nick.

"What?" Nick asks, noticing Brian's goofy smile.

"You're both beach lovers!" Brian claps.

"Brian shhh!" Kevin says, a finger on his lips.

"Oops." Brian giggles like a child. I can definitely see why he and Nick are best friends, despite their five year age difference.