Chapter 13

"You should just push the door & walk in. Why bother peeping?" A deep voice startled me, making me screech in surprise & bump my head on the door. "Oh, the door's locked, that's why..." That same voice spoke again, while I sat on the floor, head on my hands, groaning.

I looked up to slap the culprit responsible for my head injury, and immediately forgot what I was going to do. In front of me stood a very ethereal Kim Taehyung in all his glory, sniggering at me, quite amused.

What's with this agency employing only good-looking people & attacking poor defenseless potatoes like me with their beauty? Heck, even the CEO is drop-dead gorgeous here

"Hiya Lily! Didn't knew you had this peculiar habit of peaking at people through keyholes." He laughed out loud, finding his own joke funny.

".... You know me?" My eyes turned saucer-shaped, in pure shock. How come a top-tier Idol like him got to know a negligible-like-dust Idol like me?

"Ofcourse! You're main vocalist of SPARKLE, my new labelmates! You made quite a news with that 'MusicBank' incident. It's hard not to know you now.... Plus you're the reason why Jungkook got to practice his culinary skills." He wiggled his eyebrows at the end, clearly implying on something quite scandalous.

"Wait a minute. Does the whole agency knows about this?!?" I started panicking. Dang, if this news goes out to the paparazzi by any chance, then I'll disappear from this world completely (curtsy to JK fans).

"Nah! Only I know this. I m his bestie & finding new tea is my hobby. I just happened to catch him surfing Google for new korean recipes. Plus he showed up with a new bandage on his hands everyday. I joined the dots, then cornered him one day. Hence, this new tea!!!" He showed me his boxy smile, seemingly proud of his investigatory skills (or more like 'finding new tea' skills).

This statement made me feel guilty. So he kept troubling himself just to show up with a new dish on his every visit? My mood immediately dropped. This guy is too much kind for his own good. Then there's me, who quickly judged him based on a single incident... Plus I didn't even thanked him properly for his efforts.

I was still regretting all my life decisions while sitting on floor, when suddenly the practice room's door clicked open and Jungkook emerged at the scene, now properly clothed.

He was still very sweaty, and his hairs stuck on his forehead. He looked at Taehyung, then down at me, quite confused. I took this opportunity to observe his hands, which looked even more injured than last time I had seen them. Poor bunny, always silently suffering while satisfying others.

"Ehm, what're you guys doing here, right outside my door?" Jungkook voiced his confusion, with a face which clearly resembled a lost fawn.

"Oh nothing, it's just Lily here was peep-" I jumped at Taehyung and slapped my hand on his mouth, successfully shutting him up. Now both of them were looking at me as if I grew 2 horns.