Chapter 24: The Stalker

Jangmi's POV:-

I looked up at my apartment building. I was standing just a street across the housing complex, silently watching the building which housed my dorm since few months ago. My eyes were fixed on that particular balcony window at 5th floor, through which I could see what's going on inside.

From here, nothing seemed to be out of place, but since it was me (the person who has eyes of an eagle), I could tell that someone was inside, someone unknown and who definitely wasn't welcome in there. Inspite of the lights being turned off, that person's shadow didn't missed my eyes. He was definitely upto something.

I tightened my hold on the straps of my backpack. Truth to be told, I was nervous. Sure, I wasn't chicken-hearted, but some situations, like this one, could really test your courage. I felt chills on my back. My palms were clamming, cold sweats were running down my face & neck, clearly depicting what sort of thoughts were going on in my mind.

I shaked my head, in order to free myself from them, and looked back. There, sitting in the very first car at the far corner of this road were Yujin, Taehyung and Yoongi; My support system. There were more cars parked after them, probably all sorts of security and stuffs, waiting for that one signal when they would barge in the apartment and arrest the creep (or creeps), on the account of stalking and trespassing.

Their sight alone filled me with confidence. I smiled at them, inspite knowing that they can't see my face from that distance, & shaked my bag again for confirmation.

My bag contains my daily necessities, plus my iMac, which was ON and a conference call was set up in it, which connected me with them. From outside, it would look like it's Off, but it can definitely catch sounds, even from a long distance. I sighed, again, and started walking towards the building, occassionally reminding myself that I can pull this through.

The plan was simple: I would go inside the apartment, maybe find my Stalker in there, pretend to like him & start talking to him,  successfully distracting him enough. By this time, guys would hear the conversation, hence they would barge in, catching the creep off-guard, then arrest him.

I was the one who planned this, considering every other factors. This seemed safest way, without catching attention from media or fans. We don't need negative news against us right now, when our comeback was just around the corner.

As the destination neared, my pace slowed down. I was now standing in front of my door, nervously looking around to find not a single soul out here. The CCTV was gone, further proving that he was in there. With shaky yet brave hands, I typed in our password, unlocking the door. I could hear very faint shuffling from inside, which stopped once the 'ping' sound from our door came, notifying the person that his target's here.

It's now or never, Jangmi. I told myself. You can do this, fighting! I cheered myself in mind, then swiftly entered the apartment, pretending that nothing was wrong in there.

Ofcourse everything was wrong in there! For once, I felt as if I entered the wrong apartment. The living room was transformed into some romantic, honeymoon type lounge. Lights were changed from strong to soft-light emitting LEDs. Aromatic candles were lit here & there, and the whole floor was covered with rose petals.

If the person behind all these were Taehyung, then I would've swooned at the scene. But right now, it was scaring the shit out of me. I gulped, then slowly made my way to my bedroom. I took out my phone to pretend to call someone, asking if they did this. Ofcourse, it was to show the person that I was completely unaware of their presence, which I wasn't in real life.

Just as I put down my phone, pretending to end the call, my hand got grabbed from behind. My bag was ripped off me and thrown elsewhere, while I was getting pushed towards one of our armchair. I threw punches & kicks towards the man, successfully hitting his jaw and getting his hold on me loosened, hence I ran towards the main door, only to be grabbed by waist and been thrown on the shoulder. Fuck! I hate that I am so light. Curse you, K-pop industry!