(xiii) secret

"what...", kuroo watched y/n hang up the phone with a dull expression

"i have to...", she took a few steps back from him, walking back down.

it was unlike anything he'd ever seen. she walked away from him, evidently panicking, and ran down the hallway and down the stairs.

kuroo walked down after her, trying to see if he could find out more about what had got her so perturbed.

y/n walked towards bokuto, who was in between sets. he looked puzzled at first, but her expression made him curious.

"what.. what happened?", he asked, immediately closing the distance between them and holding her arms

"they know", she said, her face pale from fear, "my parents... they know about.. everything"

"wha- seriously?!", he gasped, a look of pity in his eyes, "how'd they find out?"

"i don't know, auntie called and told me they know", she had never been so scared in her whole life, "what do i do? i can't go home. i don't wanna go home."

"calm-", bokuto made her sit down on the bench next to the court and handed her his bottle of water, "calm down, it won't be that bad"

"they'll probably disown me or something, kou", she rested her face in her hands

none of the other team members said anything because they didn't understand the situation. konoha looked particularly worried when he saw her like this.

but no one would believe what the problem was even if they knew.

you see, y/n's parents were very strict and conservative. they pushed their daughter to be better at academics and didn't really encourage the idea of having a boyfriend.

since studying came naturally to her, she could score well with minimal effort. so her parents were reasonably happy with her and even proud of her.

this was the reason they couldn't even tell her no when she asked them to go out to parties or trips with her friends.

she was taught since she was young that she shouldn't even lose her virginity till after she's married. well, so much for that.

things changed for y/n as she reached her first year of high school. she got... curious. she went through the phase where she wanted to try everything.

drinking, smoking, sneaking out and finally, sex.
none of the other shit really stuck with her or appealed to her much.

but at a random party, in the incident of a random one night stand with some senior who didn't give a shit about her, she lost her virginity. and it had felt like the beginning of an addiction.

initially, the morning after said party, she could hardly look her parents in the eye at the dining table. all she could think about was the night before.

she didn't think it was wrong, really.

nevertheless, she promised herself that she only did it to know what it felt like.

so that was a fucking lie.

she did do it again, with another guy. and this time, she finally worked up the courage to tell bokuto that it happened.

besides being overprotective of her, he didn't have any other reaction or questions. his parents, despite being best friends with hers, were about ten times more open minded than them, so he wasn't shook.

it happened again and again till it became a part of her personality. a part she embraced to the point where she gained a reputation of her own.