(xxiii) drama

"i haven't seen y/n in a while", akaashi observed, looking around at crowds as the team cooled down and did stretches.

playoffs for the spring tournament had begun. the first game, which was between fukurodani and nekoma, had ended with the former's victory.

nekoma had another game to play in a couple of hours to determine whether they could still make it to the top three in tokyo.

fukurodani was planning to wait and watch said match but their dearest manager was nowhere to be seen. they assumed she'd gone to comfort kuroo or something but it had been half an hour now.

they watched kuroo walk out of the changing rooms, looking like he was in a much better mood than he was on court when they defeated him.

"i think i've seen this film before", everyone was fucking weirded out when bokuto began humming nervously.

but their attention was captured by their rather unkempt looking manager, who also walked out of the same changing room with a smirk on her face.

"and i didn't like the ending", the captain completed, shaking his head as if a tragedy had occurred

"we are at a volleyball tournament", akaashi stated in monotone, "an important volleyball tournament where people play volleyball"

"stop saying volleyball", washio said, folding his arms

"we won the match so why do i feel a sense of defeat?", konoha asked

"yo", yukie was the only one relatively unfazed as she greeted the girl

"what did i miss?", y/n asked

"the whole team pouting about your quickie with kuroo"

"oh no we were just... talking"

"and you talked so much that your lips are swollen now?", akaashi asked

"okay fine, he was feeling kinda dull", she groaned, "i was just being a good girlfriend"

"when is it my turn to be happy", konoha stared into the void, dazed

"come on, it's almost time for their match", akaashi said and they walked up into the stands.

"you nearly made him miss his own match y/n"

"and he would say, it was worth it", she stated plainly

"oh man, i hate everything", bo put an arm around her possessively, "i hate that you're dating him"

"you're still my number one kou", she reminded, holding his arm and squeezing it

"yeah duh, there was never any doubt about that", he said in a matter of fact way.

yukie, kou and y/n were sitting down together one row below the rest of the team due to lack of space.

"who's their opponent again?", y/n asked, looking at both of them

"nohebi"

"oh", the colour faded from her face, "fantastic"

"y/n", kou narrowed his eyes at her, "how many-"

"two guys"

"what the f...", kou's voice trailed off as two girls sat down a couple of seats away from them.

"why are you torturing yourself by watching this match?", one of them asked the other.

the latter was a girl with medium length light brown hair cut into bangs. she seemed unhappy about something. her fingers were clasped together and she shook her head at the statement of her friend.