(xix) rei

y/n was only going to the party to cheer herself up. with all that was going on, it seemed like the only non toxic escape mechanism.

if she was being more specific, atsumu was the non toxic escape mechanism.

the miyas did have a lot of friends and there were many people that she didn't recognise when she stepped into the penthouse.

the party was busy but the eyes of numerous people were on her. lots of guys were gaping at her skintight dress, eyes following her steps as she looked around.

her gaze met that of miya osamu, rei, ojiro aran and konoha akinori, who had formed an unlikely friendship with the guy next to him by the name kita shinsuke.

she greeted all of them as she was passing by and they greeted back, knowing fully well that who she was looking for wasn't any of them.

she assumed he would turn up eventually so she walked towards where all the booze was, grabbing a pint of beer and looking for an opener.

"hey, uh, you're really pretty!", she had hardly walked into the party when she was being approached on by a guy that looked like he was nervous. "what's your name?"

y/n gave him a small appreciative smile, holding out her hand

"thanks, i'm y/n, and you?"

the boy was about to reply, flustered and uneasy when y/n felt someone hold onto her wrist, tugging at the beer in her hand.

"ya need an opener for that, sweetheart?", the voice was one she'd recognise anywhere

"a-atsumu senpai!", the boy looked like he was about to pee his pants as he addressed him

atsumu greeted him, but also gave him a silent warning as y/n turned around to say hi. needless to say, the boy ran for it.

"i've been looking for you", y/n said as he laughed, pulling her in to hug her

"damn it, you look gorgeous", he whispered, pulling away before staring shamelessly at her lips, "god, i could take you right here-"

"tch tch", she pressed a finger to his lips before tracing her thumb along it, "patience, tsumu"

he looked at the unopened beer bottle in her hand to distract himself from the intense tension between the two of them.

"are ya gonna drink that?"

"well... there's nothing else to drink", she shrugged, "or is there?"

he chuckled, leaning in closer to her. he definitely made her feel things with the way he shifted her hair to one side.

"there is", he whispered, "come on"

"lead the way"

his hand was securely around her waist as he led her away from the prying eyes. he looked over to a certain raven haired boy who had just walked in through the elevator.

when their eyes met, atsumu smirked.

"kuroo!!", his presence was announced to y/n as she watched rei give him a hug, which he easily returned.